COLUMBUS, OH — To continue to stay ahead of rising demand for wireless voice, 3G multimedia and Internet access, Verizon Wireless has expanded its local network in portions of Franklin County.
The new cell site provides increased wireless voice and 3G data capacity in Marion-Franklin Park along Groveport Road, including Red Devil Stadium and Sills Park. In addition, residents in the following areas will see capacity improvements:
- North from Williams Road to James L Wagner Memorial Highway, and;
- East from Parsons Avenue to New World Drive.
- Download and use apps, ranging from social networking platforms to GPS-enabled maps to Hollywood news;
- Rapidly browse the Web to keep up with news, sports, stock quotes, entertainment news and more;
- Work remotely with file sharing;
- Quickly download and play music favorites from Top 40 to Classical;
- Send emails to friends, family and co-workers with picture and video attachments;
- Download and play 3D games, and;
- Stream video and customized radio stations.
“People across Ohio are increasingly relying on smartphones and 3G applications to manage their busy lives and stay connected at home or on-the-go,” said Mark Frazier, president–Ohio/Pennsylvania/West Virginia Region, Verizon Wireless. “The nearly $2 billion we’ve invested into our Ohio network has kept us ahead of consumer trends, provided our customers a 3G advantage and underscored our belief that any mobile device is only as good as the network it runs on. Proactive and sustained investment has made Verizon Wireless the 3G leader in Ohio and nationwide.”
Harnessing the Capabilities of a Robust 3G Network
Verizon Wireless’ 3G network powers many leading mobile multimedia services, including:
- Mobile Broadband Internet Access: Notebook computer users can access e-mail, download files and browse the Internet at broadband speed, downloading a one megabyte e-mail attachment – the equivalent of a small PowerPoint® presentation or a large PDF file – in about eight seconds and uploading it in less than 13 seconds.
- V CAST Video: V CAST multimedia services offer customers the ability to play cutting-edge 3D games and stream video clips straight to their phones, as well as to watch dozens of on-demand videos, including breaking news, weather, sports highlights and entertainment clips.
In addition to enhancing its 3G network, Verizon Wireless has deployed its 4G LTE Network in 190 metropolitan areas coast to coast covering more than 200 million Americans including Akron, Canton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Findlay, Lima, Mansfield, Springfield, Tiffin Toledo, Warren and Youngstown, Ohio.
Since its launch on Dec. 5, 2010 Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network has won numerous technology and consumer choice awards, including being named the nation’s “Fastest 4G Network Yet” by Popular Science’s 2011 Best of What’s New Awards and ranking No. 1 on PC World’s 100 Best Products of 2011. In real-world, fully-loaded network environments, 4G LTE users should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink.
Sustained Wireless Investment
Nationally, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $65 billion since it was formed—$6 billion on average every year—to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services. As the carrier with America's largest and most reliable wireless network, Verizon Wireless cell sites in Ohio provide 3G wireless data connectivity.
For Verizon Wireless Updates on Twitter Stay in the know about Verizon Wireless news in Ohio by following @VZWlaura on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vzwlaura. For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades, follow @VZWNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 107.7 million total wireless connections, including 90.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.