Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Verizon Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot AC791L Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues, and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
Software Version: 02.08.59.00
The Verizon Jetpack AC791L SU1 release provides new features, supports Verizon's enhanced network capabilities, and addresses known issues. New to the product, the Safeguards (Content Filtering) and Remote Management features are included in this release. To support expanding VZW Network coverage and capabilities, LTE Band 5, as well as additional Carrier Aggregation band combination support has been added.
The Verizon Jetpack AC791L is a robust and secure business solution that limits access to restricted websites and prevents sensitive data from being exposed to potential hackers.
- This feature, also referred to as "parental controls," filters out unwanted and potentially harmful internet content.
- The Verizon Jetpack AC791L has 5 filtering levels, and can even block specific websites. You can apply content filters to all devices connected to the AC791L's Wi-Fi network, and can manage these settings by visiting http://my.jetpack/ on the device that is connected to your Jetpack. Important: The http://my.jetpack/ website will not work on a device that is not connected to a Jetpack.
- Consumers will appreciate the ability to restrict inappropriate material, and get extra security and protection from identity theft and fraud.
IT managers can now configure their fleets of AC791Ls using the Mobile Workforce Manager (MWM), and control settings remotely. Settings such as Network name and password, Wi-Fi bands, and Safeguards are configurable at http://my.jetpack/.
Employees using a Verizon Jetpack AC791L configured by MWM can't access the web UI to manage settings, and won't be able to perform a factory reset.
- Businesses can easily configure devices to match their needs and security policies.
- Increase IT tracking efficiency and field device management with remote access.
- No need to configure devices one by one.
Privacy Separator security enhancements
The Wi-Fi Privacy Separator keeps each Wi-Fi device isolated. You control whether devices connected to the AC791L's Wi-Fi network can communicate with each other for network sharing.
Schedule internet access rules
The AC791L can manage days and times when users can or can't connect to the internet. You can set rules for enabling or disabling internet access at http://my.jetpack/.
- For businesses, IT managers can control device usage by allowing internet access only during working hours.
- Parents have a convenient tool to manage and control their children's internet access.
Additional support for Verizon Wireless Network enhancements
The Verizon Jetpack AC791L SU1 now supports LTE Band 5 and additional Carrier Aggregation band combinations. This follows Verizon's network rollout of Carrier Aggregation, supporting B13+B2, B13+B4, B4+B4, and B4+B2 on the device.
User experience enhancements and bug fixes
- Improved the Universal Charging demo animation to show the final step is connecting the AC791L.
- Updated "Restart" and "Shutdown" terms.
- Enhanced notifications for Wi-Fi network device connections.
- Improved battery percentage accuracy for Universal Charging.
- Default Wi-Fi range has been changed from "Short" to "Medium."
Web security enhancements
Several security enhancements have been added to protect your data and prevent unauthorized use of the AC791L.
For more information and support go to: http://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/verizon-jetpack-4g-lte-mobile-hotspot-ac791l/