And the winner is…
Today on Up To Speed: Get a sneak peek at everything we’re doing at the Oscars, including our new ads.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
This Sunday, movie fans around the world will tune in to the 92nd Academy Awards. While we don’t yet know the results, we do know who the biggest winner will be: Verizon customers.
Why? Because we pride ourselves on being the network more people rely on. It’s why we work so hard to ensure every person and every voice can be heard. So on a night when Hollywood honors the best in movie storytelling, we’ll debut ads that honor the differences that make each of our stories unique.
And the stars of our latest Real Good Reasons ads? Real Verizon customers. Our network connects more than 100 million people— all with different backgrounds, communities and stories. Everyone has a voice, and we’re honoring the differences that make each of our stories unique.
And don’t forget to take the poll to tell us who gets your vote for Best Picture. Click here to see the poll results.
A clean sweep.
Speaking of accolades, we’re the network earning top honors from critics everywhere. That includes:
- #1 for Network Quality by JD Power for the 12th year in a row, making us the most awarded U.S. wireless provider for Network Quality ever
- #1 Overall Network Performance by RootMetrics for a record 13th year in a row
- #1 in Video Experience based on Opensignal Awards
- #1 for Video Streaming based on Nielsen overall Video Network scores
Now that’s worth a round of applause!
The first 5G Ultra Wideband immersive Red Carpet experience.
On Oscar Sunday, February 9, fans in New York City’s Times Square will have the opportunity to experience what it’s like to “walk the Red Carpet” via a 5G Ultra Wideband mobile device. Verizon’s 5G Portal in New York will transport fans more than 2,500 miles away to the famous Dolby Theatre in Hollywood to see all of the star-studded action.
Once on the red carpet, viewers can control what they want to see by rotating the phone to check out the 360 view. The increased bandwidth, low latency and super fast speeds made possible on Verizon’s 5G Ultra Wideband network provides a robust viewing experience.
And last but not least… a chance for a very special tour of the Disney Studio Lot.
Speaking of winners, you could be one too. Take a walk in Walt Disney’s shoes and get a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to see where it all started -- at the Walt Disney Studio Lot. Share your best Disney memories -- videos and pictures are encouraged -- with us to be entered into a drawing to win the true insider’s look. You can leave a comment, tag us on social or respond to one of our posts with #DisneyPlusonVerizon. You’ll have until Wednesday, February 12, at Noon ET to enter*.
* No purchase necessary to enter or win. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM ET on February 7, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on February 12, 2020. Open only to employees of Verizon who are age 21 or older and are legal residents of the U.S. Generally, employees who have resigned, have received notice of termination, or have given notice of resignation prior to or during the contest are not eligible to participate. Verizon Corporate Communications will select potential winners on February 13, 2020 in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Winners will be notified via email. Prizes: 1st Place Prize: 9 winners will receive a once-in-a-lifetime trip to The Walt Disney Studios. Approximate retail value (ARV): $1610.00. 2nd Place Prize: 12 winners will receive one (1) $100 Disney gift card and a Disney+ Premium item. ARV: $110.00. 3rd Place Prize: 200 winners will each receive one (1) Disney+ Branded Mickey Ears. AVR: $14.99. Winners are responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of the prize. Verizon reserves the right to amend or change the rules or cancel the contest at any time. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be sent to all participating employees.