Inspiring stories of Pride.
From walks to personal journeys to rainbow cakes, here's how V Teamers celebrated Pride Month.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
During today’s Up To Speed Live, Katie discussed some of our biggest Pride highlights:
- Jeremy Washburn shared their personal story of coming out. Jeremy is a Solutions Architect based in Hilliard, OH, and is a leader of our LGBTQ employee resource group. Check out Jeremy’s full story here.
- BUILD’s own Monet X-Change hosted an engaging conversation addressing the progress made with LGBTQ rights along with vulnerabilities still requiring action. Be sure to check out the full conversation.
- Kris Makande is a Customer Care representative in Wilmington, NC, who’s been on an extraordinary life journey. Kris is a U.S. Navy vet, parent of two, and active member of the LGBTQ community. It's not gender, sexuality or race that defines Kris, but the way others get treated.
- V Teamer and Systems Engineering Specialist Jason Trometter reminds us that we can still hop on our bikes or pull on our sneakers and ride and run with Pride. Use the app Zwift to virtually join these events and train with fellow Pride participants every Tuesday and Saturday in June. Zwift is donating $25,000 to Athlete Ally. Still one more chance to do that tomorrow.
- Tomorrow, the last day of Pride Month, join Prism by Verizon and special guests from PFLAG, the Human Rights Campaign, The Trevor Project and more for the Voices of Pride event tomorrow afternoon at 3 PM ET. Check out all the details here.
If you have any questions, email them to email@example.com.
Click here for a transcript of the webcast.
Get the latest information on our Coronavirus Resource Page (Inside Verizon, The Street).
Reminder, tune in to Up To Speed Live tomorrow at 12 PM ET/9 AM PT.