Be proud of that perm.
See how V Teamers celebrated current and past proms and a graduation challenge.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
May is full of milestone events like proms and graduations. Prom can be unforgettable, for better or worse. We asked you to share your prom memories and you did not disappoint.
- Lynn Berkoben, Network Operations Manager in Pittsburgh, PA, submitted a photo which highlights her rad ‘80s look at her prom.
- We got to see Bobby Kolahi, Indirect Sales in Honolulu, HI, hanging with his “lei’d back” crew at his high school banquet in 1997.
- Consumer Group Analyst Lucinda Ribeiro shared her prom perfect match; she can say that because her date became her husband almost 29 years ago.
- From overseas we heard from Isabella Good, Senior Analyst for the Verizon Business Group in Dublin, who let us know that in Ireland, prom is called a “Debs”, as in debutante. Very fancy!
- There was no shortage of big hair, big smiles and big ruffles at prom in 1992 for Jennifer Schadle of the Learning and Development team in Chandler, AZ.
- Solutions Specialist Janice Castillo of Kapolei, HI, looks straight out of a fairytale in her Cinderella-esque dress.
- Kathleen McArdle, Consumer Group Manager in Anchorage, AK, sent us a gem from her spring formal.
- Finally, Deb Llewellyn, HR Manager in Temple Terrace, FL, made a fashion statement by wearing long black gloves to her coronation ball. We like it. Go bold or go home!
Fast forward to today and -- thanks to social distancing -- the phrase “All dressed up and nowhere to go” has never been more true. But the world is finding creative ways to make these unforgettable moments memorable.
- Mary Susanne Earls, Business Account Manager in Roanoke, VA, didn’t get to embarrass her son during his prom, but at least he got to make an epic prom-posal.
- The daughter of Kim Galdiano, our Network teammate in Richardson, TX, got on a video conference with ten of her friends for a virtual prom.
- Marisa Pandy, from our Marketing team in Alpharetta, GA, has a daughter, Makaiya, who hopes to wear her sparkly dress after her drive-through graduation ceremony in June.
- Finally, our very own and fellow New Jerseyan Ewa Iwinski of Corporate Communications took some shots of her daughter, Martha, who looks stunning in her dress. Beautiful!
For all of you graduating this year or living with a graduate, congratulations! If you’re seeking some life guidance or words of wisdom, check out our weekly commencement series starting May 22: ‘Class of 2020: Ready for Anything’ with different leaders offering advice each week, including President Bill Clinton and our very own Hans Vestberg. They’ll air on Verizon’s LinkedIn and Yahoo.
And finally, more please! We want to see your graduation pics and videos, virtual or otherwise. Send them to the Good mailbox and Good@Verizon.com.