This one’s for Mom.
A celebration of V Team mothers, plus tips on how to connect virtually with your loved ones this holiday weekend.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
For the first time, many of us will not be able to spend time with our mothers in person on Mother’s Day. While that is sad, it doesn’t mean we can’t connect with our moms in a meaningful way.
Check out "6 tips for the best (virtual) Mother's Day," from one of our newest members of the Communications team, Diana Alvear. She talks about how she’s enjoying a new long-distance feature called Global Choice, which offers up to 180 minutes/month of $10 calls to a country of your choice in Latin America.
“I have a beloved nana who lives in Colombia,” said Diana. “Especially at times like these, I want to talk to her and see her face, but there are always issues, whether it’s the technology or me having to go out and buy calling cards. It’s just not reliable. I think Global Choice is going to make a big difference to a lot of families who rely on the telephone to stay in touch.”
Up To Speed’s Katie Regner has been keeping track of the antics happening around her house as she works from home with two young kids in her blog Motherhood and Mountain Dew.
Katie has been talking to other V Team moms who have recently taken on new roles, like:
- Colleen Marks, Director, Strategic Solutions from New York, NY: The “skip ad button presser”.
- Laura Swiatkowski, Senior Manager, Creative from Los Angeles, CA: The creative one-armed task manager.
- Nikki Bright, Senior Manager, Billing Solutions from Lake Mary, FL: The chief mask maker, even for the prehistoric members of the family.
- Heidi Jones-DiSaia, Human Resources team member from Bridgeville, PA: The protector of the cat’s sanity, shown with her daughter, Lisa.
- Tracy Tyson, Executive Administrative Assistant from Basking Ridge, NJ: The self-described “Queen of Chaos”.
And we’ve found things to be grateful for:
- Ellie Brady, Marketing Manager from Basking Ridge, NJ, is grateful for outdoor meetings with snacks.
- Vidya Kumar, Database Engineer II, Dulles, VA, is having fun dressing up for fun.
- Taiwo Onibokun, Senior Manager Sales Planning from Los Angeles, CA, is thankful that her husband has stepped up and that her three-year-old twins are now potty-trained.
- Minu Arcot, MTS IV Consultant in Systems Engineering from Irving, TX, found time to do some virtual volunteering with her little ones when they weren’t busy teaching her to code.
- Rachel De Caro, Administrative Assistant from Springfield, MA, is grateful for extra time with her son, Angelo.
Finally, a shoutout to our Consumer & Corporate Communications team "mom" Donna Lyden for the continued love and support she gives us all every day. We can't wait for all of us to get back together again.
Thanks so much for sharing, everyone. We’d love to see how you celebrate your mom this weekend. Send us your photos and videos to Good@verizon.com, and we’ll share as many as we can next week.
Until next time… Happy Mother’s Day!