Pain into purpose.
Christy and Rose share social justice news, new virtual volunteer opportunities and upcoming events.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
On today’s Up To Speed, Jeremy was joined by Christy Pambianchi and Rose Kirk who shared the following updates.
- We join in celebrating today’s U.S. Supreme Court decision, which ruled that civil rights law also protects LGBTQ workers.
- New virtual volunteer opportunities are now available, including helping people to exercise their right to vote, getting the word out regarding the census and preserving history by transcribing letters from African-American slaves and Civil War soldiers.
- BOLD Verizon Virtual Walk - today through July 4. You can sign up through the Employee Volunteer Portal. Get your walk on!
- As part of our $10 million commitment to social justice, we continue to work with our seven partners including the NAACP and the Legal Defense Fund.
- Verizon Innovative Learning (VIL) - As in years past, we continue to support at-risk students. One example: It is projected that 70% of US students will be behind in their math skills when they return to school in the fall. We’re giving students access to online tools that will help them catch up.
- BOLD Census Day is June 19
If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a transcript of the webcast.
Reminder, tune in to Up To Speed Live tomorrow at 12 PM ET/9 AM PT.