Hans and Christy share all the latest news.
Hans shares some 'secret' news; Christy on return to office. Plus, a V Teamer who isn’t defined by race or gender.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
On today’s Up To Speed, Jeremy welcomed back Hans and Christy, who shared the following updates:
- Next steps on return-to-office plans and how best to prepare.
- In addition to our new Verizon Visa card, we’re launching new pre-paid plans that add more value and reward loyalty with monthly discounts.
- Robocalls - We continue to work to eliminate as many as possible; we’ve already blocked 5 billion robocalls.
- Kris Makande is a Customer Care representative in Wilmington, NC, who’s been on an extraordinary life journey. Kris is a U.S. Navy vet, parent of two, and active member of the LGBTQ community. It's not gender, sexuality or race that defines Kris, but the way others get treated.
- Tune into Global Citizen’s Global Goal: Unite for Our Future - The Concert, this Saturday, June 27. The concert will highlight the disproportionate impact COVID-19 has on marginalized communities. Hosted by Dwayne Johnson, performances will include Chloe x Halle, Christine and the Queens, Coldplay, J Balvin, Jennifer Hudson, Justin Bieber and Quavo, Miley Cyrus, Shakira, Usher, Yemi Alade, and many more. The event will be streamed widely across platforms, including our own Yahoo! and also be broadcast on TV. You can check your local listings and see how you can take action by visiting www.globalcitizen.org.
- We have a new Verizon t-shirt that supports racial justice. The BOLD Employee Resource Group helped with the design. All shirts are $21.00, of which $5.00 goes to support the National Urban League. They are available here via an African-American female-owned business.
- Learn more about the Houston news that Hans discussed.
If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a transcript of the webcast.
Get the latest information on our Coronavirus Resource Page (Inside Verizon, The Street).
Reminder, tune in to Up To Speed Live tomorrow at 12 PM ET/9 AM PT.