Safe and secure.
Andrés Irlando and Mike Mason share all the ways we’re supporting first responders and an update on our Security team.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
Today on Up To Speed Live, Andrés Irlando, who heads up Public Sector and Verizon Connect, and Mike Mason, our Chief Security Officer, offered the following updates:
- We’re helping state court systems go virtual/remote, helping to restart court hearings and help people to get things like marriage and adoption licenses.
- Domino’s using Connect: Shane Casey, a Domino’s franchise owner in Southern California, was able to give away over 11,000 slices of pizza to front-line and essential workers, and hire 61 new employees -- all during the coronavirus pandemic. All three of Casey’s locations have used the Verizon Connect Reveal fleet management software platform to help improve efficiency, productivity and safety.
- This year’s National Law Enforcement Candlelight Vigil, honoring officers killed in the line of duty, will be held tomorrow at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. Watch remarks from more than 50 leaders and celebrities, including our own Hans and Tami. All viewing platforms can be found here.
- Another way we’re helping: The Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma is using Verizon One Talk as a translation hotline for members who don’t have access to in-person translators during the pandemic. The service allows members to speak with medical staff while helping to preserve the Cherokee language.
- The next time you visit The National Law Enforcement Museum in Washington D.C., be sure to check out the 107-seat Verizon theater.
- The Verizon Response Team (VRT), typically mobilized on a regional level to help fight wildfires, hurricanes, etc., has, for the first time, been mobilized on a national level in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The team has already responded to over 400 engagements since the beginning of the crisis. For more info, visit the Emergency Resource Center.
- Special thanks to Steve Currier, Solutions Manager, and Lovett Purnell, Solutions Specialist, who helped save the life of a security officer who collapsed at the Dale Mabry store in Tampa, FL. Our hats off to our two newest heroes.
- Catch the Build Series conversation focusing on Asian Pacific American Heritage Month streaming tomorrow night at 7:30 PM ET/4:30 PM PT.
- On tonight’s PayItForwardLIVE see all 14 members of @Team_Penske iRacing as they support America's small businesses; 8 PM ET/5 PM PT on @Verizon.
Click here for a transcript of the webcast.
If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder, tune in tomorrow at 12 PM ET/9 AM PT for Up To Speed Live.