On today’s Up To Speed Live, Jeremy was joined by Sampath Sowmyanarayan and CEO Quentin Gallivan of BlueJeans. The following updates were shared:
- Why the marriage of Verizon and BlueJeans makes sense, including a similar culture, complementary business assets and a shared vision for the future.
- DBIR (Data Breach Investigation Report) released today; most breaches are related to money (ransomware, credit card-related); phishing (setting up fake sites that victims assume are real) is still a big problem; check out the full report for more info.
- Samsung Galaxy S20EUW is the latest 5G-enabled device; available for pre-order May 21 at verizonwireless.com.
- To help the healthcare industry with COVID-19 response, we recently donated/lent several robots that have lived in our 5G Labs and Innovation Centers to various organizations. The robots can be remote-controlled to go into COVID-19 patient rooms and collect information from the patients, lessening the interaction for healthcare workers.
- Tonight on #PayItForwardLive catch NFL tight end George Kittle as he teams up with pros @ViolentPandaRL and @Virge of @Dignitas @RocketLeague to game in support of small businesses at 8 PM ET/ 5 PM PT. Check it out on the Verizon Twitter page.
If you have any questions, email them to email@example.com.
Click here for a transcript of the webcast.
Reminder, tune in tomorrow at 12 PM ET/9 AM PT for Up To Speed Live.