Before your camera will record activity in your home you must create a mode that will “program” the camera to start recording when motion is detected or "triggered" in your home. Without creating a "triggered" camera recording mode, your camera will monitor live activity, but will not record the action.
Before you Begin:
- The camera is an active monitoring device. From the Home Monitoring and Control Web site on My Verizon, click Monitoring. You should see live video feed from each of your activated cameras. If you don’t, your camera might be offline or it did not pair correctly with the Gateway Device. You may also have left the Privacy button ON (Indoor Camera or Pan and Tilt Camera only). Read the Set up Steps to review your camera setup.
- You camera’s Motion Detection is ON. The Motion Detection setting must be set to ON in order for motion to trigger the camera to record. To update motion detection settings, visit the Home Monitoring and Control Web site on My Verizon, click Device Settings, click your camera, select Motion Detection tab and select ON and Save Changes
Create a Camera Recording Mode
Log in to http://monitoringcontrol.verizon.com/ with your My Verizon User Name and password and select Modes from the top navigation. Select Create a Mode. The Create New Mode screen opens.
Step 1: Select your Run Method
Identify when your camera will record activity.
- From the Run Method tab, select Run when triggered. This setting tells the camera to begin recording when motion is detected in the room.
- Select the thumbnail for the camera or other device that will trigger the mode to run.
- On the thumbnail, choose the device activity that triggers the mode (such as when the device is "turned on" or "opened"). Note: If the camera is selected as the triggering device, Detects Motion is automatically selected as the activity that triggers the mode.
Step 2: Select Devices
Select the devices to be included in your mode, including the camera. When the mode is triggered, all devices in the mode will run and the camera will begin recording.
- From the Select Devices tab, use the arrows to locate your camera.
- Select the thumbnail for the camera to be included in your mode.For each thumbnail you select, choose your device setting (such as "on" or "off")
- Click Next to continue.
Step 3: Name your Mode
Select a name for your camera recording mode.
- From the Name Your Mode tab, enter a name for your mode. When you view your list of modes from the Home Monitoring and Control Web site, this is the name that will appear on the Modes page.
- Click Save & Next to save your mode's settings.
Step 4: Notifications (optional)
Select how you are notified when your mode is activated.
- From the Notifications tab, select how would like to notified via email or text message when your mode is activated. Your mode is activated when it detects motion in the area you specify. The notification is sent to the email address or phone number listed in your notification settings. Note: Wireless service provider text or SMS fees may apply.
- Click Save & Next to continue. Click Skip if you do not want to setup notifications for your camera mode.
Step 5: Assign Remote (optional )
- From the Assign Remote tab, select the number button on your Home Control Remote Control (not the FiOS TV remote) that will activate your mode on-demand when you press the button.
- Click Save & Close to complete your mode setup. Click Skip if you do not want to assign a remote control button for your mode.
Next Step: Use your mode
You’ll edit, activate and deactivate modes from the Home Monitoring and Control Web site (via My Verizon). You can only run modes from the mobile app or FiOS TV app.
After you run your mode, you can: