How to Use Call Waiting/Cancel Call Waiting
Call Waiting notifies you when someone is calling you while you are on another call. Cancel Call Waiting temporarily cancels or deactivates Call Waiting before placing a call, using the Internet, or sending a fax.
Picking up the second call
If you hang up when you hear the Call Waiting/Cancel Call Waiting tone, your phone will ring.
- You will hear a Call Waiting/Cancel Call Waiting tone during a call.
The person calling you will hear a normal ring until you answer.
- Inform your first caller that you have another call.
- Press and then release your phone's receiver, Flash or Recall button to put the first caller on hold.
You are automatically connected to the second caller.
You can ignore the second call if you do not want to be interrupted. One reminder tone will signal you ten seconds later.
If the first caller hangs up, you will be automatically connected to the second caller within two seconds.
Returning to the first call from the second call
Cancel Call Waiting
You can cancel Call Waiting for the duration of one call. When you complete your call and hang up, Call Waiting is reactivated automatically.
- Press and then release your phone's receiver, Flash, or Recall button to put the second caller on hold.
You are automatically connected to the first caller.
- Repeat step 1 to alternate between the two calls.
In some areas, you can only use Cancel Call Waiting before placing a call. In other areas, if you also subscribe to Three-Way Calling, you can use Cancel Call Waiting during a call.
- Lift your telephone's receiver and listen for the dial tone.
- Press to temporarily cancel Call Waiting.
Dial 1170 on rotary or pulse-dialing phones.
- Listen for three tones followed by a normal dial tone.
- Dial the number you want to call.
If you use your telephone lines for your Internet service or fax machine, you must cancel Call Waiting before using these services. The Call Waiting tones will interrupt a data transmission.
Instructions for FiOS Digital Voice Calling Features
Related Call Waiting/Cancel Call Waiting topics
Related Call Waiting ID topics
Related Three-Way Calling topics
Related Talking Call Waiting topics
Additional Calling Features