COVID-19 update with Craig.
Why our interim CHRO says it will take a team effort to keep us safe.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
On today’s Up To Speed Live, host Andy Choi welcomed Craig Silliman, Chief Administrative, Legal and Public Policy Officer and interim HR lead. Craig and Andy shared the following updates:
Wildfires and storms update
Our Network team is monitoring the wildfires in the Western United States, particularly California, Montana, Oregon and Washington. The team is working to keep our customers online and we are offering data relief to our customers affected by the Dixie Fire in Northern California.
We’re also keeping an eye on two storms in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean. Tropical Storm Fred is expected to come ashore in the Florida panhandle with lots of rain and possible storm surge. And Tropical Depression Grace is headed toward the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
During these difficult times, we encourage you to donate to our VtoV Employee Relief Fund to help your fellow V Teamers in a time of need. You can also check out the Emergency Resource Center to find the latest details on our emergency response.
This weekend, all the action was at the Indianapolis Motorcar Speedway, where Verizon driver Will Power won top honors on Saturday.
The power of Verizon 5G made the event even more memorable thanks to our partnership with GoPro, which brought behind-the-scenes images to race fans. Thanks to the speed of Verizon 5G, content editing and upload speeds were as fast as the action on the track. We also showcased our awesome frictionless store at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
With COVID-19 cases on the rise, Craig shared updates to our protocols to prioritize the health and safety of our employees and align with the guidance from national and local public health authorities.
The new protocols are as follows:
Return to office for hybrid V Teamers moved to November. V Teamers who are part of the hybrid working model and located in the U.S. are not required to come into the office on their scheduled days until November 1.
- Hybrid team members who have earned their Work Forward Ready badge will continue to have access to the office on a voluntary basis.
- Any changes for our international team members will be advised on a country-by-country basis.
- Our work-from-home agreements for associates with the unions run through September 30, and we will discuss arrangements beyond that time.
Updates to our face covering policy. Effective today, all Verizon employees are required to wear a face covering while indoors and unable to maintain distance.
- Retail team members are required to wear face coverings when on the store floor. However, they don't need to wear a mask in the back of the store if they can distance themselves.
- Employees who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear face coverings when entering, exiting and within a Verizon facility, as well as in customer locations or otherwise required by law.
- For those traveling to visit customers, continue to follow on-site protocols and policies as directed by our customers and any local requirements.
- We will continue to adhere to any local laws that are more restrictive in requiring masks.
At this time, we are not mandating vaccines for employees. We are reviewing different options to determine the best approach forward. We strongly advise every employee who is not vaccinated to speak with their healthcare provider to understand the benefits.
Work Forward will continue as planned. The only change is that our hybrid employees who have earned their Work Forward Ready badge are not required to adhere to their in-office schedules until November.
It's important for V Teamers to complete their onboarding requirements by the requested date so that everyone is ready to lead in our new ways of working. Here’s some tips to keep in mind:
- Book A Space: Before you come into the office, reserve a desk and/or conference room in advance using Book A Space if it's available at your location. Make sure to check in when you arrive.
- Certify: This goes for the entire company any time you are working out of your home, you must certify using the RTO Tool.
- Follow protocols:
- Make sure to bring your badge to access your Verizon work location.
- And continue to refer to our COVID-19 Employee Resource page for the latest information and policies.
Have you heard of Timbaland’s new record, “Endless Possibilities?” On Twitter you can retweet Verizon’s post to receive a special customized remix of the song. Stay on the lookout for a very special conversation with Timbaland on our Inside Verizon Twitter handle and Inside Verizon App. Follow us on Twitter @insideverizon and if you haven’t already, download our Inside Verizon app, available on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
And, check out tomorrow’s Up To Speed for an update from our team at Skyward.
If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.