Looking back. Forging ahead.
Ram Jean-Louis discusses Juneteenth and the Census. Plus, an update from Hans and a lot of love for our V Team dads.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
On today’s edition of Up To Speed Live, host Diana Alvear welcomed guests Hans Vestberg and Ram Jean-Louis, Global Head of Diversity, Inclusion and belonging at Verizon Media, who offered the following updates.
- As we celebrate Juneteenth, which commemorates the day that news of the Emancipation Proclamation reached slaves in Texas, we look to continue our courageous conversations and take other meaningful actions as we work towards greater racial equality.
- Congratulations to Elise Neel, Krista Bourne and Nicki Palmer for winning three of eight WeQual awards, as well as finalists Wendy Taccetta and Aparna Khurjekar. All of these Verizon leaders were recognized for moving the world forward.
- Ram discussed the importance of an accurate 2020 U.S. Census count, which determines congressional representation and informs hundreds of billions in federal funding every year. Be sure to check out the BOLD Juneteenth Census Celebration at 6 PM on HuffPost.
- As we approach Father’s Day weekend, we want to celebrate our V Team dads, including Jon Asmussen, Manager of Business Development, Strategy and Planning, based in Walnut Creek, CA. Check out his story here.
- Check out this heartfelt video from our Consumer Group Customer Service dads as they talk about their favorite Father's Day memories and offer advice to present and future dads.
Click here for a transcript of the webcast.
If you have any questions, email them to email@example.com.
Reminder, tune in to Up To Speed Live Monday at 12 PM ET/9 AM PT.