How to turn Closed Captioning on and off using your remote control.
Most Fios TV remote control models give you the option to easily turn closed captioning on or off by pressing the button, towards the bottom of your Fios remote. If this is not the case, you can always use your Interactive Media Guide to turn closed captioning on or off using your Fios remote, press:
- Menu > Settings > System > Accessibility > Closed Captions > Service Selection >
- Select one of the CC (Closed Caption) options, press OK
- CC1 = primary language the show is broadcast in (usually English
- CC2 = secondary language the show is broadcast in (usually Spanish if available
- CC3 thru CC6 (additional languages)
- Press the right-arrow to highlight Save, press OK, and press OK again to confirm
You can also change other closed captioning preferences by following the prompts on your TV screen.
- Closed captioning may not be available based on your equipment and/or setup.
- Standard definition set-top box or digital adapters may be unable to send or receive closed captioning.
- You may need to use closed captioning features built into your TV. You may need to refer to the manufacturer’s guide to toggle the closed captions for your TV settings, if needed.
How to turn closed captioning on and off using the Fios TV app
Using the Fios TV app remote control, you can turn Closed Captioning on or off. With your device connected to your home router select:
- Remote Control icon > Set-top Box Location you wish to change > press the button towards the bottom of your Fios remote
When viewing programming using the Fios TV app, you can turn Closed Captioning on or off by going to:
- Settings > Preferences > Closed Captioning > On or Off
Don’t have the Fios TV app?