Robocalls are automated phone calls with prerecorded messages. These calls have increased in recent years because technology has made it cheap and easy for robocallers to make calls from anywhere in the world while hiding their identities by displaying fake Caller ID information.
- Call Block
- Caller ID
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Caller ID/Call Waiting
If you are a Verizon Fios Digital Voice customer you can register with Nomorobo, a free, third-party service that identifies known robocallers and telemarketers and stops your Fios Digital Voice home phone from ringing. Nomorobo will not work with Verizon’s traditional voice service.
- Go to Nomorobo.com and signup
- Set Up Nomorobo through the link that is sent to your email*
- Log into your Phone Management Portal
- Click Activate in the Nomorobo section of the Phone Management Portal
- Read the Nomorobo description and click Acknowledge, this will activate simultaneous ring
- Return to Nomorobo's website to complete the registration process
*If you do not receive the email, check your spam folder. Do not submit the same email more than once in a five minute period.
Watch the video for more information.
National Do Not Call Registry
You can register your home or mobile phones with the National Do Not Call Registry. To register:
- Call 1.888.382.1222 (TTY: 1.866.290.4236)
- For additional information visit www.donotcall.gov
Verizon automatically blocks calls in the network from telephone numbers which are invalid or on a DNO (Do Not Originate) list. These are numbers that should not be making calls in the first place. These calls are terminated in the network and never reach your device. Blocked calls are not directed to voicemail.
There are other online call blocking services and call blocking devices that block unwanted calls. Check your local retail store, search online, or you can purchase call blocking devices at the Verizon Accessories Store:
For unwanted cell calls, consider using an anti-robocall tool like Verizon Caller Name ID to get alerts on incoming spam calls and easily report and block unwanted numbers on your mobile phone.