Send a fax using Fios Digital Voice
Fios Digital Voice isn’t just for making voice calls. You can also use it to send a fax. While most fax machines should work with Fios Digital Voice, please check your fax machine’s user guide to ensure compatibility.
How to send a fax
- Plug your fax machine into a working jack
- Dial the number where you want to send the fax
As with voice calls, charges for sending faxes depends on your calling plan and type, whether domestic or international:
- Unlimited calling plans are not charged for sending domestic faxes
- Per-Minute calling plans are charged per minute for sending domestic faxes
- All faxes sent to international destinations will be charged at the same rates as international phone calls
Sending and receiving faxes
When using your fax, you cannot make a voice call and send a fax at the same time, unless you have a separate, dedicated Fios Digital Voice line for fax purposes. However, you can use your broadband connection to search the Web while you are sending a fax.
To prevent your voicemail from interrupting your fax, set your voicemail ring cycle longer than your fax ring cycle/delay.
Fax transmissions appear in your call logs just like incoming phone calls (faxes received) or outgoing phone calls (faxes sent).
When sending/receiving faxes, make sure your:
- Fax machine is connected to a working jack
- Fax machine has power from the electrical outlet and is turned on
- Call forwarding is turned off
- If you are still unable to send/receive a fax, check your fax machine’s user guide