Verizon High Speed Internet (DSL) Self-Installation
Important: If you have current service with another provider, do not disconnect that service until you have established your new Verizon service and validated it is working. As a result of COVID-19, we are taking precautions to keep our employees and customers safe. So, if your self-installation is not successful and we need to send a technician to enter your home or business to complete any installation work for new services, we require our technicians and any individuals dispatched to wear a protective facial covering at all times and maintain a minimum of 6 feet of separation during the set up or repair.
Installing High Speed Internet
Verizon’s High Speed Internet (DSL) uses your phone line to deliver broadband access to your home. Self-Installation is easy. You’ll receive an Installation Kit prior to your service ready date.
- An instruction booklet
- A High Speed Internet Wireless Router / Gateway
- Filters for your phone lines
- Connect a filter to every jack with a phone
- Connect the wireless router/modem to the phone jack without a filter
- Connect your computer
- Activate your service. Be sure to have your order number and zip code or your My Verizon account login credentials