Verizon High Speed Internet (DSL) Self-Installation
Important: If you have current service with another provider, do not disconnect that service until you have established your new Verizon service and validated it is working. As a result of COVID-19, we are taking precautions to keep our employees and customers safe. So, if your self-installation is not successful and we need to send a technician to enter your home or business to complete any installation work for new services, we require our technicians and any individuals dispatched to wear a protective facial covering at all times and maintain a minimum of 6 feet of separation during the set up or repair.
Installing High Speed Internet
Verizon’s High Speed Internet (DSL) uses your phone line to deliver broadband access to your home. Self-Installation is easy. You’ll receive an Installation Kit prior to your service ready date.
The kit contains:
- An instruction booklet
- A High Speed Internet Wireless Router / Gateway
- Filters for your phone lines
Your installation can be completed in four easy steps:
- Connect a filter to every jack with a phone
- Connect the wireless router/modem to the phone jack without a filter
- Connect your computer
- Activate your service. Be sure to have your order number and zip code or your My Verizon account login credentials
Follow the instruction booklet that came with your kit, or view the self-installation guide online.