Setting Up Call Intercept
This product is no longer available to new customers. Customers in CT, DC, DE, MA, NJ, NY, PA, RI, and VA who currently subscribe to the product and remove it will not be able to re-order.
Call Intercept answers incoming calls that do not provide a valid phone number. Callers must then identify themselves before Call Intercept rings your phone and plays the recorded name of the caller. You must have Caller ID to use Call Intercept.
Call Intercept is not available for business or rotary dial service.
All calling features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions.
The first time you use Call Intercept, call toll-free 1-800-527-7070 from the phone that has Call Intercept and follow the voice prompts to set your security PIN. After you set your security PIN, you can call into the system from any phone to make changes to your Call Intercept settings.
Note Call Intercept is not available in California, Florida, or Texas.
Managing Call Intercept
- Forgotten PIN or Override Code You can call toll-free 1-800-527-7070 to retrieve your Override Code. Call 1-800-435-7986 (1-877-611-7607 Spanish) to have your PIN reset.
- Turning Call Intercept on or off Call toll-free 1-800-527-7070 to turn Call Intercept on or off.
- Adding or removing numbers from your Priority Caller List Call toll-free 1-800-527-7070.
Using Call Intercept With Other Phone Services
- Bypassing Call Intercept Priority callers can bypass Call Intercept by entering your four-digit Call Intercept Override Code. Your phone will alert you with a short-short-long ring and "Priority Caller" will appear on your display.
- Anonymous Call Rejection/Anonymous Call Block You must deactivate these calling features in order to use Call Intercept by pressing .
- Call Trace You cannot use Call Trace on Call Intercept calls.
- Call Waiting You will be notified of a second caller with a short-short-long ring pattern. Call Waiting ID, "Call Intercept" will appear on your display unit. Briefly press the hookswitch to answer Call Intercept. Talking Call Waiting, if the call is from a blocked or unavailable number, Call Intercept answers and you will not hear a Talking Call Waiting announcement. Call Waiting ID Deluxe, the caller will not hear the Take Message or Busy/Hold Announcement.
- Distinctive Ring You cannot have both Distinctive Ring and Call Intercept on the same phone line.
- Home Voice Mail Set the number of rings heard before Home Voice Mail (or your answering machine) answers to four rings or less than 42 seconds. Ensure that your greeting message is 20 seconds or longer so that your caller knows when to leave their message.
- Priority Call, Select Call Forwarding, Do Not Disturb Where available, these features work normally with identified calls but will not work with private calls.
- *69 If you receive a Call Intercept call, you cannot use *69 to get the caller's number.
- Toll Restriction/Denial You must remove this feature from your account in order for Call Intercept to work.
- Entry Systems If you live in a building or complex that uses your telephone line to allow entry, you should not subscribe to Call Intercept.
- Collect or International Cell Phone Calls Calls originating from an automated collect calling system that does not use an operator will be completed if you have Call Intercept. Calls from International cell phones may not complete. Call 1-800-527-7070 to turn Call Intercept off.
Instructions for FiOS Digital Voice Calling Features
Additional Calling Features