How To Set Up Amazon Echo, Alexa Voice Controls and Fios TV Service
Alexa Setup and Use
How Do I Set Up My Amazon Echo and Alexa Voice Controls?
- If your Echo device is new, please download the Amazon Alexa app to your mobile device and follow the initial account set up instructions from Amazon
- Go to Music, Video & Books in the Alexa app and select Fios from the list and tap Enable
- When prompted, log in to your Verizon Fios account using your user ID and password credentials
- Alexa will look for all your Fios set-top boxes
To get started, press the “D” key on your Fios TV remote pointed at the set-top box you want to pair your Alexa device with. The name of that set-top box will appear in the bottom right of your TV screen
- Select the button next to the device name that matches, then tap continue.
- Next, if you have more than one Alexa device, you can choose which one you wish to link to your set-top box
- Tap Return to Fios when finished linking
- Try saying, Alexa, tune to channel 899 to test your Echo device and pairing connection to your Fios services
- If Alexa does not respond by changing the channel, please go to amazon.com/Alexa for additional help with Alexa voice services.
Which Fios Devices Work With Alexa?
Amazon Alexa devices and the Alexa app (downloaded to your mobile device or computer) work with your Fios (VMS1100 & IPC1100) set-top box.
What Can Alexa’s Fios TV Skill Do?
Using “Skills,” Alexa can answer questions and control your Fios set-top box.
Alexa can tune to TV channels: “Alexa, tune to channel 899,” or “Alexa, change to NBC”
Alexa can search for Programs, Movies, People: “Alexa, search for The Big Bang Theory,” “Alexa, pause,” or “Alexa, rewind.”
Alexa learns new skills all the time!
If Alexa does not respond as expected, please visit www.amazon.com/Alexa for additional help.
What devices are supported?
Alexa Video Skills are supported on these devices:
- Amazon Echo (1st Generation)
- Amazon Echo (2nd Generation)
- Echo Dot
- Echo Show
- Echo Plus
- Amazon Tap
Other Alexa-enabled devices and Fire TV do not support Alexa Video Skills. For a complete list of supported devices, please visit Amazon.com Help: Set Up Alexa Video Skills
What are the Alexa Commands for Fios TV?
To do this…
For live TV services, Alexa can tune to a specific channel (by channel number and/or channel name).
“Alexa, switch to [channel / network]”
“Alexa, change the channel to [channel / network / number]”
“Alexa, change to [channel / network]”
“Alexa, turn on [channel / network]”
“Alexa, watch [channel / network]”
Find and play specific titles.
Alexa can search for movies, TV shows, and other programming by title, actor, genre, or category. You can also start playback from search results using your voice.
“Alexa watch [movie / TV show / episode]”
“Alexa, show me [kids / news / sports / etc] programs”
“Alexa, find [movie / TV shows with [actor]”
Alexa can control video playback for live and on-demand content.
“Alexa, fast-forward [time frame]”
“Alexa, rewind [timeframe]”
Don't have the Alexa app?
Download the app now on your mobile phone or tablet.How Do I Set Up My Amazon Echo, Alexa Voice Controls and Fios By Verizon? Follow these instructions.Alexa Setup