Heeding advice, gaming is nice, and protecting your device.
Preview a special PACT event to help multi-generational families – plus updates on gaming, device protection and more.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
Happy Monday, V Team! On today’s episode of Up To Speed live, host Chris Serico shared a full news rundown.
Wendy Taccetta BlueJeans event
On Wednesday, Verizon’s Parents and Caregivers Together (PACT) Employee Resource Group (ERG), is holding a BlueJeans event to help our V Teamers navigate the professional and personal challenges that come with caring for multiple generations. It’s all part of PACT’s month-long focus on celebrating parents and caregivers.
Wendy Taccetta, Senior Vice President of Small & Medium Business Solutions will host a conversation with leaders who can offer expert advice to V Teamers about the future of caregivers in the workplace. As the PACT Executive Sponsor, Wendy will be joined by Verizon Consumer Group COO Krista Bourne; Partner Solutions Senior VP Eric Cevis; and Public Sector Senior VP Maggie Hallbach, who will speak to the experiences, vulnerabilities and success stories that come with working full-time and managing family matters in the home.
Verizon and Hi-Rez game on
Rogue Company Elite players on Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband will be able to download a high fidelity graphics package at super-fast speeds and with Verizon Up they can receive a free weapon wrap for use in the game.
Verizon is the official U.S. telecom partner of Rogue Company and is working with Hi-Rez to explore how 5G can improve the mobile gaming experience.
Open Enrollment for Device Protect
Starting today and running through October 13, Verizon Mobile Protect is open for enrollment for current and new Verizon customers. The service provides customers with device protection, replacement and setup, as well as premium tech support and even digital security features.
Customers who sign up will get access to benefits, like:
- Same-day delivery and setup for replacement smartphones and new devices purchased from Verizon.com;
- Unlimited cracked screen repair – get it fixed fast for only $29 each time it’s needed;
- 24/7 access to digital security tools and privacy and Tech Coach expert support;
- Free battery replacement to keep devices powered longer
For even more protection, customers can also sign up for Verizon Home Device Protect for only $25 per month (plus applicable taxes). This warranty delivers protection, tech support, and digital security features for eligible home-entertainment and home office products to smart-home products and portable devices.
Before we go, here’s what you can look forward to this week on Up To Speed.
- Tuesday: An employee profile of V Teamer and Verizon Insider Program member: Paul Martin.
- Wednesday: A special episode featuring Verizon’s Vice President of Innovation and Strategic Business Operations Julie Hines who courageously shares how the fentanyl crisis changed her life forever.
- Thursday: A roundup of PACT’s upcoming events.
- Friday: A live full news rundown.
If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.