It’s Friday, and we’re chuffed to bits about it.
A preview of the England adventures to come on Monday’s Up To Speed. Plus, a full news rundown.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
Happy Friday, V Team! On today’s edition of Up To Speed Live, host Raquel Wilson shared the following updates:
Up To Speed: Week in review
- Monday: Our weekly updates included celebrating Military Appreciation Month and checking in with retail rock stars who are part of our new Verizon Insider Program.
- Tuesday: V Teamer Ricardo Gattas-Moras shared his heartwarming journey to fatherhood with the help of Verizon’s Family Assistance and Reimbursement Program.
- Wednesday: Andy hosted Up To Speed live from London and met with Tami Erwin, CEO of Verizon Business Group, to get to know our EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) V Teamers and learn about our mission and impact in Europe.
- Thursday: We shared how being with Verizon pays off tremendously for new and current customers with our latest promo.
A promo for everyone
Yesterday was a big day, as we launched our latest promotion! Here are some of the highlights:
- You can get an iPhone 13 on us, or up to $800 to put toward a new 5G phone, with select trade-in and select 5G Unlimited plans.
- With our best Unlimited plans, you can unlock more value, which includes incredible savings and popular entertainment services, including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Apple Music, and so much more.
- Remember when you’re on one of our 5G Ultra Wideband Unlimited plans, you may be able to bundle it with our plug-and-play Home Internet, starting at $25 per month with Auto Pay.
And V Teamers, don’t forget: If you share your Friends and Family code, your loved ones who switch to Verizon can get a bonus of up to $25 per month off new Unlimited postpaid mobile accounts, and $10 per month off Fios Gigabit Connection plans.
New ‘On the Porch’ episode coming Monday
On Monday, Rose Stuckey Kirk, Chief Corporate Social Responsibility Officer, will be hosting the second episode of her podcast, “On the Porch with Rose Stuckey Kirk,” with guest Stephanie Mehta, CEO and chief content officer at Mansueto Ventures, parent of Inc. and Fast Company.
They’ll discuss innovation, media, and what the future holds for the next generation of leaders.
NHL Technology Showcase
Chris Ashraf from our communications team brought us to the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., for the NHL Technology Showcase. Verizon Director of Sports Partnerships and Innovation Eric Nagy explained how we’re testing technology with the NHL to capture the value of our Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband Network and edge compute.
Through our 5G Multiview experience, fans in the stands can experience unique-angle views of the game and real-time player stats when they point their 5G phone at the action in the rink.
Miami Grand Prix
Verizon is bringing three 5G-powered experiences to the Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, running today through Sunday at the Miami International Autodrome at Hard Rock Stadium.
Our 5G Multi-View will give fans seven live video streams of the action on the track. The autonomous Express Shop, powered by 5G and edge compute, will allow them to simply tap a credit card upon entering, shop for food and drinks without stopping at a register, and receive a receipt via text message within minutes.
But that’s not all: A portal experience will transport fans onto the Hard Rock Beach Club stage, giving them three 360-degree camera angles of performances by Post Malone, Zedd, Tiesto, and The Chainsmokers.
Wedding bells and more
Congratulations to Kat Gabay, a Solutions Architect for the Verizon Business Group 5G and Enterprise Solutions team in Cary, N.C., who got married last weekend in Tampa, Fla., with eight co-workers in attendance!
Her husband, Nick Frisco, also has had an eventful spring: He graduates today from Duke University and soon will begin residency as an ENT surgeon at Duke University Hospital.
Congratulations to the happy couple!
If you haven’t already, be sure to fill out your VZPulse+ survey. The deadline to participate is May 16.
As always, this is a great opportunity to make your voice heard and help us move forward together in creating a great place to work. The survey is completely confidential and handled by our external partner Gallup to ensure the privacy of your responses.
More global UTS vibes
V Team, join us for our next Up To Speed Live at noon ET Monday, when host Andy Choi will be introducing us to even more teammates who are building the Verizon brand around the globe.
Celebrating moms everywhere
This Sunday is Mother’s Day, and to celebrate, we shared some sweet pictures of our leaders with their kids. Thanks to all of our V Team moms out there, too. Happy Mother’s Day!
In the spirit of Mother’s Day, we offered a sneak peek of next Thursday’s Up To Speed, focusing on an awesome V Team mom: As manager of the Voice of the Customer program that handles customer feedback for the Retail, Indirect and Inside Sales channels, Rocio Llanos expressed why she loves parenthood and how Verizon has made it easier to be a working mom. Tune in to Up To Speed next Thursday to see more of Rocio’s story.
We closed the show with a special Mother’s Day signoff from our friends at the Natomas store in Sacramento, California. Have a great weekend, V Team!
If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.