Gratitude all around.
It never felt so good to be a part of something so special.
Our editorial transparency tool uses blockchain technology to permanently log all changes made to official releases after publication. However, this post is not an official release and therefore not tracked. Visit our learn more for more information.
More of our content is being permanently logged via blockchain technology starting [10.23.2020].
It’s the first of May, a new month in this new normal and a perfect moment to thank all of the V Teamers who have done so much for so many during this challenging time.
- Our technicians in the field, who keep reinventing how they work in order to keep delivering service and support.
- Our amazing store employees, who’ve kept an essential service lifeline open while caring for their customers safely.
- Our customer service employees, who have learned new skills so they can be redeployed and serve our customers in new ways.
- Our business teams across the globe, who have run to support enterprises, municipalities, governments, small and medium businesses, healthcare providers and first responders.
- Our Media team, which has become the digital go-to for essential information, entertainment and engagement in this time of COVID-19.
- Our safety and response teams, who keep rapidly coming up with new technology and protocols so we can all find safer ways to work.
- Our incredible Global Network & Technology team, which is not only maintaining our existing 4G and IP networks, but also continuing to build out 5G and Fiber for our future. And, enabling more than 100,000 of us to work from home.
- Our Human Resources team, which has shown what it means to truly care for our teammates.
- Our Finance, Public Policy, Marketing, Supply Chain, Real Estate, Strategy teams and all of those who support our customers and front-line employees serving customers every day.
- All of the V Teamers who continue to find new ways to move our business forward.
Of course, we would be remiss if we didn’t thank the everyday heroes beyond the V Team:
- The healthcare providers
- The first responders
- The essential workers who provide our groceries and packages
Last but not least, May 4 begins Teacher Appreciation week. We give a special thanks to our educators who are working hard to find new ways to teach our kids who are home during the pandemic.
Finally, we’d like to ask you: Who are you thankful for? A teacher, a family member or one of your great V Team teammates who are doing the work that is so essential? Send your pics, videos and written submissions to the email@example.com mailbox.
We also have Thank You eCards on VZWeb and Inside Verizon, so you can send messages to the people you’d like to thank. Plus, we’ll have it on the @VZUpToSpeed social media handles, so you can share or simply tag someone that you want to thank!