Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
HTC Desire® 530 Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
Software Version: 2.11.605.4
Android™ Security Patch Level: 2017-08-01
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for your HTC Desire 530. Android 7.0 Nougat improves your mobile experience with new battery-smart features and multitasking enhancements. This update also includes the latest Android security updates and bug fixes.
With Android Nougat on your HTC Desire 530, Data Saver can restrict specific apps from using data in the background.
Under the Data Usage menu, open Data Saver, and slide or tap it on. You can enable or disable background data for each app installed on your device.
Easier Settings app navigation
Quickly hop between various Settings using the menu icon on the left side of your screen, or by dragging in from the left edge.
Settings are in the same categories as the main list, but using the slide-out menu eliminates the need to tap the back button, scroll, and then select another setting category.
You can now double-tap the recent apps button to switch between your two most recently used apps.
For example, if you're writing an email in Gmail but need to look something up, you can open Chrome, find and copy a link, then double-tap the recent apps button and your HTC Desire 530 will switch back to Gmail.
Reply with speed
You can now reply directly in Notifications from apps like Facebook® Messenger, Hangouts™, or Messenger, so you can continue your conversation without having to bounce between apps.
System Update Instructions
Section A: Mandatory Update:
- You'll see a download notification pop-up on the top left side of your device screen after a server initiated software update. Swipe down on the notification bar to see download progress.
- System update notifications are displayed on the device screen once the over the air (OTA) download has completed. You'll have the option to Install Now or Install Later.
- If you tap Install Now, installation will begin immediately and your device will power down and restart.
- If you tap Install later, it will ask you to specify an installation time, with deferred date and time information. You can also tap NO to dismiss. You can start the installation manually by tapping Install deferred SW under Settings, then Software update.
- Once the device has finished the software upgrade, it'll display a successful update message. Tap OK to dismiss.
Section B: Optional/User Update:
- To see your device is ready for a software upgrade:
- Go to Settings
- Tap System Update
- Tap Check for new System update
- If there's a new update available, your device will get pop up download notification screen with 2 options, Download Now or Download Later.
- If you tap Download Now, you'll see a download icon in the notification bar. Swipe down to review the download progress.
- If you tap Download Later, you'll see warning message with deferred date and time information, followed by another pop up download notification screen. Tap No Thanks.
If the download is cancelled, your device will display a Download Cancelled message.
- System update notifications are displayed on screen once the OTA package download has completed. You can either select Install Now or Install Later.
- If you tap Install Now, the download will begin immediately and your device will power down and restart.
- If you tap Install later, it will ask you to specify an installation time, with deferred date and time info. You can also tap NO to dismiss. You can start the installation manually by tapping Install deferred SW under Settings, then Software update.
- Once the device has successfully upgraded, it will display a successful update message. Tap OK to dismiss.
- If your device is roaming, it won't be able to initiate any software update connections, including network-initiated and user-initiated sessions. The Check new option under Settings, Software update will be grayed out.
Low Battery notification
- Depending on the device, minimum battery required might vary from 30% to 50%. Please make sure your phone has a full charge or is connected to a wall outlet.
Software Upgrade Assistant Tool
If you don't have a strong connection to Wi-Fi or the Verizon Wireless network, you may not be able to perform a software update over the air. Instead, you can connect your device to a computer with Internet access with a USB cable, then download the Software Upgrade Assistant (*PDF) tool to your computer, which will check for software updates and initiate the software update process.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers for HTC devices and upgrade to a newer HTC smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.
HTC and HTC Desire are trademarks of HTC Corporation.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.