Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update 4
Release date: 10/22/2019
Software Version for 44mm: R825USQU1CUA2
Software Version for 40mm: R835USQU1CUA2
This software update brings the following enhancements to your Galaxy Watch Active2:
Improved Samsung Health Function
- Instead of creating a challenge in the "Together" section of the Samsung Health app over your connected phone, you are now able to invite up to 9 friends to join and walk with you. You can also track your progress on your paired Galaxy Watch Active2 under Samsung Health > Together.
- A good night's sleep is important. In addition to automatically tracking your sleep time, you will also get a sleep score.
- The auto workout recoginition time is being reduced from 10 minutes to 3 minutes for running, rowing machine and elliptical.
- Enjoy home workout videos with a variety of fitiness programs from Samsung Health over your connected phone. Go to Samsung Health "Fitness" section and select a program to add. Once you start to work out, your paired Galaxy Watch Active2 will help to get your body moving, follow the instructions and track your exercises. Depending on the type of exercises, different tracking screen may show on your watch. See below screens as examples.
- If you want to end the workout anytime, you can also swipe up and tap Finish.
Remove second display showing when setting Always on Display
- The second hand and the second display on selected watch faces is removed when Always On Display is turned on. This change only applies to the preloaded watch faces.
System Update 3
Release date: 06/13/2019
Software Version for 46mm: R805USQU1BSE3
Software Version for 42mm: R815USQU1BSE3
This software update brings the following enhancements to your Galaxy Watch:
Consistent app color between watch and phone:
- Synchronized One UI between Galaxy Phone and Galaxy Watch.
- More pleasant emojis on the watch face.
Sync alarms between your Galaxy Watch and Phone:
- You can now use your Galaxy Watch to edit or delete alarms set on your phone.
Synchronized Do not disturb status:
- The Do Not Disturb status and setting values of both the watch and phone are now synchronized.
- An "Optimize battery" option has been added to close background apps and change setting values that consume a lot of battery power.
- File based encryption has been added for to increase your information security.
Next steps and additional links
© 2021 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.