These changes are coming to Verizon Messages (Message+):
- Message+ app Shutdown - On or about June 2024, Verizon will start to shut down the Verizon Message+ app. Once the Message+ app is shut down, you won’t be able to use the Message+ app to send and receive messages.
- Messaging Web Client Access - The ability to send and receive text messages on Verizon’s website is discontinued as of 12/11/23. Your message history will remain. You can continue to use the Android™ and iOS versions on mobile devices or the Mac® desktop version. We recommend using Google Messages to continue to send and receive text messages in a web browser.
- Get instructions on how to use Google Messages on your laptop and eligible mobile device at Check your messages on your computer or Android tablet.
- For iOS mobile devices, you can send and receive messages only through the Message+ mobile app.
- eGift cards will no longer be available to buy through Message+ after April 2024. You can redeem previously purchased eGift cards after this date.
Android users: We recommend switching from Message+ to Google Messages on your Android devices before June 2024. Download Google Messages directly from the Google Play Store if it's not already on your Android device.
Note: While we do system maintenance before the shutdown of Message+, other participants in your group texts may see messages with a 588 area code stating that your number has “left the group”.
This doesn’t require any action on your part. You can delete or ignore these network notification texts.