Here’s how to set up the Verizon Internet Gateway:
- Plug it in. Place the Verizon Internet Gateway off of the floor, as close as possible to a window or exterior wall. Plug one end of the power adapter into the Gateway and the other end into a power outlet on your wall.
- Check for a solid white light. While the Gateway starts up, you’ll see a blinking white or alternating red/white light for up to 5 minutes. Don’t unplug the Gateway during startup. When the light shows solid white, the router is connected to an adequate wireless signal.
- A blinking white light means a software update is in process. Keep the Gateway plugged in and wait about 3 minutes
- A solid red light means you need to move the Gateway to a location that has a stronger wireless signal.
- Learn more about the status lights on the Verizon Internet Gateway.
- Connect your devices. Use the Wi-Fi name and password printed on the bottom of the Gateway when you connect each of your devices to your Wi-Fi network.
Note: You can use My Verizon app to change your network's name, password and to manage router settings.
Learn more about setting up the Verizon Internet Gateway