Here are some ways to keep an eye on your Verizon mobile expenses:
Take advantage of Auto Pay discounts: If you have an eligible plan, using paper-free billing and Auto Pay can get you an up to $10 discount per line off your bill every month.
Avoid extra service charges: Third-party services your device uses (e.g., apps, ringtones, videos, etc.) can be charged to your Verizon bill. Restrict these services on your Blocks page in My Verizon.
Avoid data overage charges:
- If you have a shared data plan, turn on Safety Mode to avoid extra costs for going over your data limits.
- Monitor and restrict voice and data usage.
- Get text messages and/or emails when you used certain percentages (e.g., 75%, 100%, etc.) of your plan allowances. Visit our My Verizon Alerts FAQs to learn how.
Avoid international roaming charges: When you travel overseas, add a data plan for your mobile device. Or try to avoid "pay as you go" roaming rates by turning off cellular data and roaming and using Wi-Fi. (Keep in mind some hotels, airports, etc. do charge for Wi-Fi access.)
Get familiar with your Bill page in My Verizon where you can:
- Get a bill overview
- Get a next bill estimate
- Get your payment history
- View media and app purchases
- View your documents and receipts (e.g., account change notices, bills, recent orders, etc.)