When participating in the Verizon Device Trade–in Program ("Program"), you will be asked to agree to the following terms and conditions:
These terms apply whether I am trading in one (1) or multiple devices in the same transaction in exchange for trade-in credit(s), the amount of which is based on either the market value of my device(s) at the time I created the trade-in order, or promo value, if applicable, to my trade-in order at the time it was created.
General Rules (applicable to all trade-ins)
It's my responsibility, before I ship my device(s) to Verizon, to:
- Delete all personal info and data, including pictures ("Content")
- Remove and retain all accessories, such as memory or SIM cards ("Cards")
- "Unlock" my device by disabling/turning off all password-protected security features (e.g., Find My iPhone or Kill Switch)
- Remove a damaged battery (to the extent it is removable) and dispose of it properly. Note: if the battery is damaged and not removable, your device is not eligible for trade in.
Need help? Visit our Trade-In user guide.
I understand that I will not be eligible to receive any trade-in credit(s) for my device(s) if:
- The make, model and/or condition of the shipped device(s) doesn't match what I described when I completed my trade-in order(s)
- I didn't ship my device(s) using the Verizon-provided label or shipping kit
- My device(s) never arrived at Verizon
- My device(s) arrived at Verizon more than thirty (30) days after I completed my trade-in order(s)
- My device(s) are not Unlocked
- My device(s) is a 4G Prepaid phone in the box that has not had at least one (1) monthly payment of Verizon service
- My device(s) is a 3G Prepaid phone in the Box that has not been active on Verizon Service for at least six (6) months
- Verizon determines that my device(s) was reported as lost or stolen, purchased with government funds, or constitutes government property
I also understand that:
- if I don't delete Content or remove the Card(s) when I submit my device(s) to Verizon, the Card(s) will not be returned to me and any Content cannot be recovered
- Once I submit my device(s) to Verizon the device(s) will not be returned to me
Special Rules (applicable to a trade-in eligible for promo value)
In addition to the General Rules above, if my trade-in credit(s) are based on promo value, I understand that I will not be eligible to receive any trade-in credit(s) for my device(s) if:
- I don't satisfy the conditions associated with the promotion under which I created my trade-in order, such as maintaining active postpaid Verizon service on my new device(s) for a minimum number of months or changing to an ineligible Verizon service plan or paying off my device payment agreement early, or
- I return or exchange the device(s) that was required to be eligible for the promo value.
In the event I am no longer eligible for trade-in credits based on promo value I will still receive the market value for my trade-in, less any promo value credits already applied.
How and when do I get my trade-in credit(s)?
Trade-in credit(s) based on market value will be issued within two (2) weeks after Verizon receives your device(s) and validates make/model, eligibility and condition, in the form of a Verizon electronic gift card, unless you are a Verizon customer logged in to your wireless account when the trade-in order is created, in which case you may request that the trade-in credit(s) be applied as a one (1) time bill credit on your Verizon account. Verizon electronic gift card is issued in the name of the person identified in the trade-in order submission and emailed to the address provided. See Verizon for current terms and conditions applicable to Verizon gift cards.
Trade-in credit(s) based on promo value will be applied, within two (2) weeks after Verizon receives your device(s) and validates make/model, eligibility and condition, in accordance with the applicable promotion, (i.e., a recurring bill credit on your Verizon account for the number of months specified in the applicable promotion, a one (1) time bill credit on your Verizon account or a Verizon electronic gift card). Trade-in credit(s) based on promo value are subject to reversal if I don't comply with the Special Rules.
For assistance, call the Verizon wireless Device Trade-in Program customer support at (800) 416–8894 or click the Chat with us button at the bottom right corner of this page to contact one of our representatives.