Fitness trackers are cropping up on wrists everywhere, but choosing the right wearable can be as tough as a high-interval workout. For those who want to track their daily step count but don’t want to miss out on richer features that can help gradually crank up their fitness goals, there’s the Fitbit Charge 2.
Here's how this wearable helps grow your fitness footprint:
1. It has heart: The PurePulse™ technology continuously tracks your heartbeat so you can push within your body's target heart-rate zones during exercise to maximize the burn.
2. Tracking more than steps: Once you start moving, the Fitbit Charge 2's auto-exercise recognition kicks in. It has the ability to track a variety of activities from outdoor running, treadmill running and walking to weight training, bike riding, elliptical and interval workouts. Plus, it will nudge you with reminders to move every hour, which is perfect if you're stuck in a cubicle all day.
3. You sleep, it works: "Sleep tracking has been given the biggest overhaul since launch with the arrival of Sleep Stages and Sleep Insights," notes Wareable.com. These features create in-depth analysis of the quality of your sleeping patterns, providing insights about when you're in deep sleep cycles or when you're half-awake, and for how long.
4. Breathing room: New to the Fitbit Charge 2 is the Guided Breathing feature, which monitors your heart rate for 30 seconds, then helps set a breathing rhythm by prompting you to follow a pulsing circle that animates on the screen. "If you meditate daily you may be a fan of this, or if you are looking to get into meditation, this might ease you in," Gadgets and Wearables notes.
5. It pairs with other devices: While there are other products with more advanced GPS features for competitive runners, the Fitbit Charge 2 covers the basics of mapping your run and compiling the stats of your pace, distance and speed — as long as you bring your phone along. You can also get call, text and calendar notifications on your wrist so you don't have to interrupt your workout.
6. Charged for the work week: The Fitbit Charge 2 is good for 5 or 6 days of use before requiring a charge, according to multiple review sources. And you can usually recharge fully within two hours.
7. It’s all about comfort: While some might not like its sporty look, others say the Charge 2's comfort level and easy-to-read, larger display screen make up for what the wearable lacks in fashion. Plus, there's always the option to swap in different leather and sporty colored bands.
As TechRadar summarizes, "If you're after something to track your daily step count and a bit of exercise every few days, this is one of the best choices money can buy."