Call Filter is a service that helps you take control of your calls and gives you the tools to manage those calls as you choose. You can screen your incoming calls for spam, block spam calls and more*. We offer 3 versions of Call Filter:
Call Filter (free)
Call Filter (free) is available on standard Verizon wireless monthly plans and prepaid plans and is compatible with most Verizon phones. With Call Filter free you can screen incoming calls*, block (send directly to voicemail) spam numbers by risk-level, and report numbers as spam. In Call Filter free, numbers considered risky will be labeled as potential spam.
If you’re on a standard monthly plan and you download Call Filter, you will be enrolled in a free trial of Call Filter Plus (free trial not available for prepaid). After 10 days, you will be auto-enrolled in Call Filter (free) unless you choose to subscribe to Call Filter Plus.
Call Filter Plus
Call Filter Plus, our premium offering, is available on standard monthly plans (not available on prepaid plans) and requires a compatible smartphone. Subscribe to Call Filter Plus for $2.99/month per line or $7.99/month per account (with 3 lines or more. Not available for Prepaid). With Call Filter Plus, you get all the features of Call Filter (free), plus you can:
- See the caller’s Name for unknown numbers***
- Create your custom block list so that calls from specific, unwanted numbers are automatically forwarded to voicemail.
- Create your custom spam list so you can be alerted when specific numbers attempt to call you in the future.
- View the risk-level of incoming calls: potential spam, robocaller or fraud.
- Use Spam lookup to search our spam database to see if a number has already been identified as spam.
Devices not compatible with the Call Filter app
Select devices that are not compatible with the Call Filter app can still enroll in Call Filter in My Verizon for protection against spam calls. Call Filter for non-app users provides automatic terminating of high-risk spam calls and spam alerts** for all other spam calls.
By turning this feature on, blocked calls will be terminated before reaching your device and blocked callers will not be able to leave voicemails. Learn more about Call Filter for devices not compatible with the app.
* Call Filter is not available on all calls, on all equipment, or in all areas. Caller ID is not available for restricted or unlisted numbers. Call Filter cannot yet identify or automatically block spam calls that originate outside of the US, but customers with an eligible device can now block all incoming calls from international numbers if they choose.
** All spam calls will be labeled as “Potential Spam” for customers enrolled in the free version of Call Filter.
*** Caller ID is not available for restricted or unlisted numbers.