Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Google Pixel 4a 5G UW Software Update
Verizon is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues, apply the latest security patches and, when available, deliver new features.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update 29
Release date: 03/13/2023
Android Security Patch Level: March 2023
Software Version: TQ2A.230305.008.C1
The current software update provides enhancements and addresses issues with your device:
- The most up to date Android security patches on your device.
- App issues:
- That kept the display on while certain app activities were active.
- That prevented screenshots from being captured in certain apps.
- That prevented Wallpaper and style settings from opening.
- Battery & charging issues:
- That occasionally caused app-specific battery restriction settings to be reset after a software update.
- An issue that prevented Android Auto to connect wirelessly with certain vehicle headsets.
- Enhancement for connection stability with certain Bluetooth LE headsets or accessories.
- Framework issue:
- That prevented the keyboard from displaying in certain apps or conditions.
- Enhancements for adaptive brightness response in certain conditions.
- Enhancements for system stability and performance in certain conditions.
- Kernel updates to 4.19.261.
- Enhancements for network connection stability and performance in certain conditions.
- User interface sporadic issues:
- On-device search results launched apps in work profile.
- Text entries in Battery Usage settings overlapped each other while scrolling.
- Home screen UI appeared to be blurry in certain conditions.
- Lag or delay when switching between apps while third-party launcher apps were in use.
- Inner launcher icons appeared clipped after closing a folder.
- Input text overlapped inside search bar.
- Media player notification appeared cut off or trimmed.
- Navigation UI displayed over Assistant interface.
- Notification drawer appeared empty or blank.
- Overview screen panels displayed over home screen.
- Quick Settings tiles became activated when the menu wasn't pulled down.
- Screen unlock overlapped with notifications, home screen or other UI elements.
- Silent mode icon appeared hidden or missing from status bar.
- App icon size scaled incorrectly when changing display size.
- Prevented screenshot sharing or editing when overlay buttons tapped.
- Prevented haptic feedback when interacting with notification drawer in certain conditions.
- General enhancements to UI transitions and animations:
- Home screen icon behavior when switching between different grid sizes.
- Status bar layout and response in certain device orientations.
- Enhancements to Wi-Fi network connection stability and performance in certain conditions.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers for Google devices and upgrade to a newer smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.