Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G Software Update
Verizon is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.
Before you download:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon wireless network connection.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
System Update 17
Release date: 03/02/2023
Android™ Security Patch Level: February 2023
Software Version: TP1A.220624.014.T978USQU2DWB3
This software update provides One UI 5.1, with enhancements to Camera, Gallery, Wallpaper, Widgets, and multi-tasking. For more information, open the Tips app > What's new in One UI 5. The latest Android security patch is included in this update.
Camera - Change color tones
- It's easier to change the color tone of your selfies using the Effects button.
Multi-tasking - Easily minimize or switch to full screen
- In Pop-Up View, you can now adjust the window size by dragging the window edges in any direction.
Easier access to the most used apps in split screen view
- For split view, you'll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
Expanded Multi-Control between Galaxy Book and phone
- Share the mouse, keyboard or trackpad of your Galaxy Book not only with your Galaxy tablet but also with your Galaxy phone. You can copy and paste text, and drag and drop images from one device to another seamlessly — almost like you're using the same device.
- Remastering removes shadows and reflections automatically to make your pictures look great. You can also remaster GIFs for better resolution and clarity.
Extract text from any image or screen
- Extract text using Samsung Keyboard, Internet, Gallery, or whenever you take a screenshot. Modify and paste the result into a message, email, or document instead of typing. Extract text is also available if you pause a video with text information on screen. Select to extract the text copy into emails, contacts, internet and more.
Simpler info display
- When you select details of a photo or video, you can see both the image and the details at the same time in landscape mode. Select an image or video from Gallery > Select three dots for more options > Select details > Rotate device to landscape mode.
All-new look for Stories
- Stories that are automatically created in your Gallery are renewed with an interactive slideshow view. Just tap or swipe to move between photos and videos in your Stories.
- You can select a video clip to use as your wallpaper. The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing. Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max).
- Battery Widget: The Battery widget lets you check the battery level of your Galaxy devices. Right from the Home screen, you can see how much battery is left on your phone, Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch and other supported devices.
- Intuitive Weather Widget: Daily weather summary, forecast, hourly precipitation, severe weather alert, and other information has been added.
AR Zone - Use multiple emojis in AR Emoji camera
- Add a second AR Emoji in a single sticker. Customize each emoji and then combine them as you prefer.
- Continue to browse Samsung Internet from another device when both devices are signed into the same Samsung account. Sync the data in Settings > Samsung account > Sync settings > Enable "Samsung Internet".
You will receive a Samsung Internet pop-up on screen on your second device > Tap to continue browsing.
System Update Instructions
To help you with the software update for your Samsung device, this page contains the following information:
- Wi-Fi Only Over The Air (OTA) Programming
- Server-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- User-Initiated Software Update Instructions
- Software Update while Roaming
Note: Estimated software download time is 6-10 minutes. Estimated software update time is 6-10 minutes.
Wi-Fi Only OTA Programming - Wi-Fi Exclusive Update
If Wi-Fi is enabled and your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, your device will be able to receive and download new software updates.
- The download will take place when the device is in Wi-Fi coverage, but coverage does not need to be consistent. You can use multiple Wi-Fi networks and disconnect from/reconnect to Wi-Fi, and the update will continue to download from where it left off until complete.
- When the download is complete, you'll receive a notification that there's a new software update available for installation. Tap Install Now to continue with installation. The device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
You've successfully updated your software.
Server-Initiated Software Update
You'll be notified on your device that a software update is available.
- Select Install now and your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin. Tap OK to begin the installation.
Note: If you choose Defer, this will delay installation and you'll be taken back to the Home screen. The software update message will appear periodically until you install the update.
- After you've received first notification of the software update, you can manually initiate by going to Home > Applications > Settings > About Device > Software updates. Under System updates, tap Restart & install to install the update. Your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, the device will power off and then back on again.
You've successfully updated your software.
User-Initiated Software Update
This process allows a user to navigate through the device options to seek updates.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
You've successfully updated your software.
System Update while Roaming
If you're roaming, you won't receive a software update notice. To update, you'll need to either enable Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or manually update by going to Home > Application > Settings > About device > Software updates.
To enable Wi-Fi:
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- To connect to an available Wi-Fi network, select Wi-Fi settings and select an available Wi-Fi network or manually add a Wi-Fi network.
If the software update fails to install, you'll get an error screen. However, this only means the software didn't install properly. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you again to install the software update.
If you don't have a strong connection to Wi-Fi or the Verizon Wireless network, you may not be able to perform a software update over the air. Instead, you can connect your device to a computer with Internet access. Connect your device to your computer using your USB cable, then download the Software Upgrade Assistant tool to your computer, which will check for software updates and initiate the software update process.
System Update 16
Release date: 12/22/2022
Android Security Patch Level: November 2022
Software Version: TP1A.220624.014.T978USQU2DVK7
This software update brings the latest Android OS 13 and One UI 5, with improvements to user experience, performance, security and privacy.
- Touch and hold edit mode has been added to allow you to easily edit and customize your lock screen by touching and holding on the screen.
- Touch and hold on the lock screen to enter the lock screen edit mode.
- The Touch and hold edit option has been added to the lock screen settings menu.
- You can now easily change your lock screen wallpaper directly on the lock screen.
- From the Wallpaper library, you can now access dynamic lock screen and wallpaper services. Select Wallpaper in the "Touch and hold edit" mode on your lock screen > Scroll down to "Wallpaper services" > Select the arrow on the right > Select Dynamic Lock screen > select Apply.
- You can also change and customize your lock screen clock style.
- Edit and customize the notification settings by selecting the preview notifications.
- Edit the bottom left and right app shortcuts.
- The notification settings have been reorganized so that related menus can be found on one screen.
- Go to Notifications in the settings menu > select App notification to view the apps list and easily toggle each app's notification on and off.
Do not disturb notifications
- You can now easily add contact exceptions in the Do not disturb notification settings.
Go to Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb > Calls and messages > Select + to add contacts to the exceptions list.
- Do not disturb exceptions for apps can be found under Do not disturb > App notifications. Simply select + to add apps to the exceptions list.
- Album: For quick access to organize Albums, select + on the top right corner under Gallery > Album. You can choose from the options listed: create an album, create a group, and share an album and auto update an album. A "View all" option has also been added at the top for you to quickly access all your albums.
- People management has also become easier in the Gallery. When there are people groups that are analyzed as the same person or the same type, you will receive recommendations to integrate them into one group.
Modes & Routines
- Bixby Routines has been renamed to Modes and also included on the first page of the settings menu.
- Under the "Modes" tab, you can utilize different modes to help you focus on your current tasks.
- Under the "Routines" tab, you can add new routines, discover routines and manage existing routines.
- Connected devices has been added to the settings menu and grouped with "Connections" settings.
Home Screen Widgets
- You can now stack multiple widgets to best utilize the space on your home screen. You can either create stacked widgets by dragging and dropping or you can use the "create widget" option by long pressing one of the widgets you wish to edit.
- Once the stack widget has been created, you can long press to edit the widget or remove it.
- The Wallpaper preview screen gives you the option to edit your lock screen and home screen wallpapers. Go to Wallpaper > Select the wallpaper you want > A preview screen will pop up > select Preview to edit the wallpaper.
- If you select a picture from the Gallery to use as wallpaper, you can also apply filters to the wallpaper by selecting the "Filter" option on the bottom of the screen.
- In addition, more color options have been added to the color palette in the wallpaper settings. Select Color palette under "Wallpaper and style" to view these options.
- You can turn the color palette on/off by using the toggle button. Select different wallpaper palettes by choosing Wallpaper colors and Basic colors to view additional color modes.
- Automatically refresh the weather while in motion, such as driving, biking, running or walking. Open Weather > tap the More symbol in the top left > tap settings on the top > turn off "Auto refresh on the go". Note that when Auto refresh on the go is enabled, you can't manually refresh the weather and the refresh button won't be shown.
- Edit and All apps icons have been added to the first depth of the Edge panel for easy access. You can find them on the bottom of the Edge panel.
- Integrated Filters: The Filters and My filters tabs have been integrated into the "Filters" menu to provide you with a simplified experience. You can also create your own filter by selecting the + button.
- Single take: Single take options have been simplified for content optimization. The max shooting time has been updated to 15secs (10+5secs).
- Food mode: Zoom is now supported in Food mode.
- Watermark: Watermarks can be added to your pictures. You can find watermarks under Camera settings. Select the settings wheel on top of your camera > turn on watermark settings. You can edit the model name, date and time, font style and alignment.
Photo and Video Editor
- Color extraction: Provides a better experience when you need to extract the color from an image. Edit a picture > select Draw > choose a pen > on the pop-up color tool box > select the color extraction tool > you'll see a magnifying glass that will help you quickly choose the color.
- Easier video trimming: Provides a video trimming button to easily adjust the beginning and end of the video. Edit the video > trim the video > move the play bar from the beginning or from the end > a trimming button will appear so you can quickly tap and adjust the video.
Next steps and additional links
Please allow additional time for the apps on your device to continue to download after the software update.
- If for any reason this software update doesn't fully download, our Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.
- Operating System FAQs
- Check out the latest Verizon offers and upgrade to a newer Samsung smartphone. Not sure if you're eligible to upgrade yet? Find out fast in My Verizon.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G - View Software Version
How to use Verizon Cloud
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G - Install Device Softwar...
Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) - Repair Assi...
© 2023 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung and Galaxy Tab are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.