Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
- 1. Make sure your child can say her first and last name and provide her address or location.
- 2. Explain the different emergency situations that might require your child to call 911.
- 3. Show your child the steps for calling 911 on your mobile phone.
- 4. Go over your mobile phone's keypad several times to help your child become familiar with making a call.
- 5. Practice, practice, practice.
- 6. Do not let your children play with old mobile phones.
Teaching Children How to Call 911
Children who know how to call 911 in an emergency could save a life. Teach your child how to call 911 and tell dispatchers the location of the emergency.
It's best to call 911 from a landline, but if one isn't available, your child should know how to call from your mobile phone. Here are step-by-step instructions for teaching your child how to call 911.