(Para una copia de este documento en espanol, visite nuestro website: vzw.com/espanol.)
Thanks for choosing Verizon. In this Customer Agreement ("Agreement"), you'll find important information about your Verizon Wireless Wi-Fi Service (the "Service") offered to you through the Audi connect PRIME or PLUS program, including:
- our ability to make changes to your Service or this Agreement's terms,
- our liability if things do not work as planned and how any disputes between us must be resolved in arbitration or small claims court.
Your Service terms and conditions are part of this Agreement. Your Audi connect PRIME or PLUS plan prescribes your monthly allowances and features. Please refer to audiusa.com to review your plan allowances. Please refer to verizon.com for current coverage and permitted and prohibited usage information for data services.. Your billing and shipping addresses, and your primary place of use, must be within the areas served by the network Verizon owns and operates.
By using the Service, you are agreeing to every provision of this Agreement whether or not you have read it. This agreement also applies to anyone who uses your Service.
Special Notice for California Residents - California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives you specific rights as a California resident.
Your right to access. You have the right to request access to specific pieces and categories of personal information we collected about you in the past twelve months. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1.800.333.3972.
Your right to delete. You have the right to request that we delete personal information we have about you unless we need it for specific reasons described by the CCPA. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 1.800.333.3972. We retain personal information only as long as reasonably necessary for business, accounting, tax or legal purposes and then securely delete it.
Your right to say “Do not sell my personal information.” The CCPA gives you the right to say no to the sale of personal information.
We do not sell information that personally identifies you such as your name, telephone number, mailing address or email address.
We allow Verizon Media and third-party advertising companies to collect information about your activity on our websites and in our apps, for example through cookies and similar technologies, mobile ad identifiers, pixels, web beacons and social network plugins. These ad entities use information they collect to help us provide more relevant Verizon advertisements and other advertising purposes. This activity may be considered a sale under the CCPA. Visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice page to learn more about how you can limit this type of advertising. You can opt out of this type of advertising in your apps using your device settings to "Limit Ad Tracking" (for iOS devices) or "Opt-out of Ads Personalization" (on Android devices).
In 2019, we shared information with third parties in ways that might be considered a “sale” of personal information under the CCPA. We have revised these programs or otherwise made California residents ineligible to participate in them.
We also shared customer personal information with consumer reporting agencies for consumer reporting and anti-fraud activity as permitted by federal law. The information may also have been used for other authentication, identification and risk prevention services offered to third parties. The information will no longer be used to provide these other services to third parties.
Your right to not be discriminated against. We do not discriminate against you if you exercise any rights described in this section.
Where to exercise your rights. You or your authorized agent can exercise your right to access or delete data: firstname.lastname@example.org. We require you to verify your identity by speaking to a customer service representative before we fulfill your request.
If you have questions about your rights under CCPA, you can email us at email@example.com.
Additional California Privacy Rights
California customers may request, once per year, that we disclose the identity of any third parties with whom we have shared personal information for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed.
California residents under age 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications may request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted. Your request should include a detailed description of the specific content or information to be removed. Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada customers can opt out of the sale of their personally identifiable information by online service providers such as website operators.
Verizon doesn't sell personally identifiable information today and we don't have plans to start. If Verizon ever starts selling such personal information, current Verizon customers will be opted out. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maine Broadband Customer Privacy Rights
The Maine Broadband Internet Access Service Customer Privacy Act, effective on July 1, 2020, gives you additional privacy rights when we are your broadband Internet access service provider. The Maine law gives you the right to control certain ways that we use or share information we have about you and requires that we provide you with a notice of your rights and our obligations under this law. We do this in this section.
We will not use, disclose, sell, or permit access to your broadband customer personal information except for purposes allowed under the Maine law or with your affirmative consent. We may ask you for this consent when we interact with you. For example, we may ask to use your broadband customer personal information to market additional services to you when you call us or come into our stores.
The Maine law also provides you with a right to opt-out of any use or sharing of data that is not customer personal information under the law. At this time, we do not collect information about you as a broadband customer that is not customer personal information. If we begin collecting such information in the future, we will give you the right to opt out of its use and sharing.
We will not refuse to provide you with broadband service, charge you a penalty, or offer you a discount based on whether you agree that we can use or share your broadband customer personal information.
Can Verizon change this Agreement or my Service?
We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this Agreement at any time, but we'll provide notice first. If you use your Service after the change takes effect that means you're accepting the change. Notwithstanding this provision, if we make any changes to the dispute resolution provision of this Agreement, such changes will not affect the resolution of any disputes that arose before such change.
My wireless device
Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device. By activating Service that uses a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card, you agree we own the intellectual property and software in the SIM card that we may change the software or other data in the SIM card remotely and without notice, and we may utilize any capacity in the SIM card for administrative, network, business and/or commercial purposes. In order to mitigate theft and other fraudulent activity, newly purchased devices may be locked to work exclusively on the Verizon Network for 60 days. For more information, visit https://www.verizon.com/support/device-unlocking-policy/
If you download or use applications, services or software provided by third parties (including voice applications), 911 or E911, or other calling functionality, may work differently than services offered by us, or may not work at all. Please review all terms and conditions of such third–party products. Verizon Wireless is not responsible for any third–party information, content, applications, or services you access, download, or use on your device. You are responsible for maintaining virus and other Internet security protections when accessing these third–party products or services. For additional information, visit the Verizon Content Policy at: responsibility.verizon.com/contentpolicy. For more information regarding content filters visit www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/content-filters/. For information about our network management practices for our broadband internet access services visit www.verizon.com/about/our-company/open-internet
Where and how does Verizon wireless Service work?
Wireless devices use radio transmissions, so unfortunately you can't get Service if your device isn't in range of a transmission signal. And please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many things can affect the availability and quality of your Service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather.
What is roaming?
You're "roaming" whenever your wireless device connects to a network outside your Coverage Area or connects to another carrier’s network, which could happen even within your Coverage Area. There may be higher rates or extra charges (including charges for long distance, tolls or calls that don't connect), and your data service may be limited or slowed, when roaming.
What are my rights for interrupted Service?
If you lose Service in your Coverage Area for more than 24 hours in a row and we're at fault, call us within 180 days and we'll give you a credit for the time lost. Please be aware that these are your only rights for interrupted Service.
Billing and Payments
All billing and payment will be conducted by Audi as part of your Audi connect PRIME or PLUS service.
What are Verizon's rights to limit or end Service or end this Agreement?
We can, without notice, limit, suspend or end your Service or any agreement with you for any good cause, including, but not limited to: (1) if you: (a) breach this agreement; (b) resell your Service; (c) use your Service for any illegal purpose, including use that violates trade and economic sanctions and prohibitions promulgated by any US governmental agency; (d) install, deploy or use any regeneration equipment or similar mechanism (for example, a repeater) to originate, amplify, enhance, retransmit or regenerate an RF signal without our permission; (e) steal from or lie to us; or, (2) if you, any user of your device or any line of service on your account, or any account manager on your account: (a) threaten, harass, or use vulgar and/or inappropriate language toward our representatives; (b) interfere with our operations; (c) "spam," or engage in other abusive messaging or calling; (d) modify your device from its manufacturer's specifications; or (e) use your Service in a way that negatively affects our network or other customers. We can also temporarily limit your Service for any operational or governmental reason.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
We make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, to the extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, about your Service, your wireless device, or any applications you access through your wireless device. We do not warrant that your wireless device will work perfectly or will not need occasional upgrades or modifications, or that it will not be negatively affected by network–related modifications, upgrades or similar activity.
WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
You and Verizon both agree to limit claims against each other solely to direct damages. That means neither of us will claim any damages that are indirect, special, consequential, incidental, treble, or punitive. For example, disallowed damages include those arising out of a Service or device failure, unauthorized access or changes to your account or device, or the use of your account or device by others to authenticate, access or make changes to a third-party account, such as a financial or cryptocurrency account, including changing passwords or transferring or withdrawing funds. This limitation and waiver will apply regardless of the theory of liability. It also applies if you bring a claim against one of our suppliers, to the extent we would be required to indemnify the supplier for the claim. You agree we aren't responsible for problems caused by you or others, or by any act of God. You also agree we aren't liable for missed or deleted voice mails or other messages, or for any information (like pictures) that gets lost or deleted if we work on your device. If another wireless carrier is involved in any problem (for example, while you're roaming), you also agree to any limitations of liability that it imposes.
HOW DO I RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH VERIZON?
WE HOPE TO MAKE YOU A HAPPY CUSTOMER, BUT IF THERE'S AN ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED, THIS SECTION OUTLINES WHAT'S EXPECTED OF BOTH OF US.
YOU AND VERIZON BOTH AGREE TO RESOLVE DISPUTES ONLY BY ARBITRATION OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY THIS AGREEMENT YOU ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO BRING A CLAIM IN COURT OR IN FRONT OF A JURY. WHILE THE PROCEDURES MAY BE DIFFERENT, AN ARBITRATOR CAN AWARD YOU THE SAME DAMAGES AND RELIEF, AND MUST HONOR THE SAME TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT, AS A COURT WOULD. IF THE LAW ALLOWS FOR AN AWARD OF ATTORNEYS' FEES, AN ARBITRATOR CAN AWARD THEM TOO. WE ALSO BOTH AGREE THAT:
(1) THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT APPLIES TO THIS AGREEMENT. EXCEPT FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT CASES, ANY DISPUTE THAT IN ANY WAY RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES YOU RECEIVE FROM US, OR FROM ANY ADVERTISING FOR ANY SUCH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY DISPUTES YOU HAVE WITH OUR EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WILL BE RESOLVED BY ONE OR MORE NEUTRAL ARBITRATORS BEFORE THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION ("AAA") OR BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ("BBB"). YOU CAN ALSO BRING ANY ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE TO THE ATTENTION OF FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, AND IF THE LAW ALLOWS, THEY CAN SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US FOR YOU. THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE CONTINUES TO APPLY EVEN AFTER YOU HAVE STOPPED RECEIVING SERVICE FROM US.
(2) UNLESS YOU AND VERIZON AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATION WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE COUNTY OF YOUR BILLING ADDRESS. FOR CLAIMS OVER $10,000, THE AAA'S CONSUMER ARBITRATION RULES WILL APPLY. FOR CLAIMS OF $10,000 OR LESS, THE PARTY BRINGING THE CLAIM CAN CHOOSE EITHER THE AAA'S CONSUMER ARBITRATION RULES OR THE BBB'S RULES FOR BINDING ARBITRATION OR, ALTERNATIVELY, CAN BRING AN INDIVIDUAL ACTION IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. YOU CAN GET PROCEDURES, RULES AND FEE INFORMATION FROM THE AAA (WWW.ADR.ORG), THE BBB (WWW.BBB.ORG) OR FROM US. FOR CLAIMS OF $10,000 OR LESS, YOU CAN CHOOSE WHETHER YOU'D LIKE THE ARBITRATION CARRIED OUT BASED ONLY ON DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED TO THE ARBITRATOR, OR BY A HEARING IN PERSON OR BY PHONE.
(3) THIS AGREEMENT DOESN'T ALLOW CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATIONS EVEN IF THE AAA OR BBB PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD MONEY OR INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM. NO CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL THEORIES OF LIABILITY OR PRAYERS FOR RELIEF MAY BE MAINTAINED IN ANY ARBITRATION HELD UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. ANY QUESTION REGARDING THE ENFORCEABILITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE DECIDED BY A COURT AND NOT THE ARBITRATOR.
(4) IF EITHER OF US INTENDS TO SEEK ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTY SEEKING ARBITRATION MUST FIRST NOTIFY THE OTHER PARTY OF THE DISPUTE IN WRITING AT LEAST 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF INITIATING THE ARBITRATION. NOTICE TO VERIZON SHOULD BE SENT TO VERIZON WIRELESS DISPUTE RESOLUTION MANAGER, ONE VERIZON WAY, BASKING RIDGE, NJ 07920. THE NOTICE MUST DESCRIBE THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM AND THE RELIEF BEING SOUGHT. IF WE ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE OUR DISPUTE WITHIN 30 DAYS, EITHER PARTY MAY THEN PROCEED TO FILE A CLAIM FOR ARBITRATION. WE'LL REIMBURSE ANY FILING FEE THAT THE AAA OR BBB CHARGES YOU FOR ARBITRATION OF THE DISPUTE. IF YOU PROVIDE US WITH SIGNED WRITTEN NOTICE THAT YOU CANNOT PAY THE FILING FEE, VERIZON WILL PAY THE FEE DIRECTLY TO THE AAA OR BBB. IF THAT ARBITRATION PROCEEDS, WE'LL ALSO PAY ANY ADMINISTRATIVE AND ARBITRATOR FEES CHARGED LATER.
(5) WE MAY, BUT ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO, MAKE A WRITTEN SETTLEMENT OFFER ANYTIME BEFORE THE ARBITRATION HEARING. THE AMOUNT OR TERMS OF ANY SETTLEMENT OFFER MAY NOT BE DISCLOSED TO THE ARBITRATOR UNTIL AFTER THE ARBITRATOR ISSUES AN AWARD ON THE CLAIM. IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT THE OFFER AND THE ARBITRATOR AWARDS YOU AN AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT'S MORE THAN OUR OFFER BUT LESS THAN $5,000, OR IF WE DON'T MAKE YOU AN OFFER, AND THE ARBITRATOR AWARDS YOU ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY BUT LESS THAN $5,000, THEN WE AGREE TO PAY YOU $5,000 INSTEAD OF THE AMOUNT AWARDED. IN THAT CASE WE ALSO AGREE TO PAY ANY REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE LAW REQUIRES IT FOR YOUR CASE. IF THE ARBITRATOR AWARDS YOU MORE THAN $5,000, THEN WE WILL PAY YOU ONLY THAT AMOUNT.
(6) AN ARBITRATION AWARD AND ANY JUDGMENT CONFIRMING IT APPLY ONLY TO THAT SPECIFIC CASE; IT CAN'T BE USED IN ANY OTHER CASE EXCEPT TO ENFORCE THE AWARD ITSELF.
(7) IF FOR SOME REASON THE PROHIBITION ON CLASS ARBITRATIONS SET FORTH IN SUBSECTION (3) CANNOT BE ENFORCED AS TO ALL OR PART OF A DISPUTE, THEN THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE WILL NOT APPLY TO THAT DISPUTE OR PART OF THE DISPUTE.
(8) IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN THROUGH ARBITRATION, YOU AND VERIZON AGREE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND VERIZON UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT IN ANY WAY. IN THE EVENT OF LITIGATION, THIS PARAGRAPH MAY BE FILED TO SHOW A WRITTEN CONSENT TO A TRIAL BY THE COURT.
About this Agreement
If we don't enforce our rights under this agreement in one instance, that doesn't mean we won't or can't enforce those rights in any other instance. You cannot assign this Agreement or any of your rights or duties under it without our permission. However, we may assign this Agreement or any debt you owe us without notifying you.
If we send notices to you, they will be considered received immediately if we send them to any email you've given us, or after three days if we mail them to the most current address we have for you. If you need to send notices to us, please send them to the verizon.com/contactus.
If any part of this agreement, including anything regarding the arbitration process (except for the prohibition on class arbitrations as explained in part 8 of the dispute resolution section above), is ruled invalid, that part may be removed from this agreement.
This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You cannot rely on any other documents, or on what is said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement. This Agreement is not for the benefit of any third party except our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and predecessors and successors in interest. Except where we've agreed otherwise elsewhere in this agreement, this agreement and any disputes covered by it are governed by federal law and the laws of the state encompassing the area code of your wireless phone number when you accepted this agreement, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules of that state.
Updated August 3, 2020