One Talk from Verizon, together with its related devices, software and applications ("Service" or "One Talk" or "One Talk Standard"), is a business telephone solution that brings together the functions of desk phones and mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) into a unified system, with all devices sharing the same communication features (see https://www.verizon.com/support/one-talk-features/ for a listing of features available with the Service). Before you start using the Service, we want you to know some important things.
This Addendum modifies the contract (the "Agreement") between you as our Customer ("You") and Verizon Wireless ("VZW", "We" or "Us") under which you purchase cellular service. It sets forth the terms and conditions under which you agree to use and we agree to provide the Service. By using the Service, you accept these Terms and Conditions, which may be modified by us from time to time. By continuing to use the Service after we have notified you of changes, you agree to accept those changes.
- Customer Agreement. Your use of the Service is subject to all of the terms in your Agreement, whether the Service is paid for by a business customer or by an end user.
- Term. Notwithstanding any provisions to the contrary regarding service or term commitments in any other part of this Agreement, the following provision governs the use of the Service. When One Talk is activated, service for each line will be on a month-to–month basis, unless You elect an optional one or two-year contract for desk phone hardware only (for which early termination fees may apply). If You choose month-to-month service, You may terminate the Service for any line upon thirty (30) days prior written notice, without penalty.
- How the Service Works. For the Service to work, you must select the lines on your company's profile to which you wish to add the One Talk feature. Each One Talk phone number can be shared between devices with the following limits: (a) up to five smartphones and/or tablets using the One Talk Mobile App or Microsoft® Windows® and/or Apple® Mac® computers using the One Talk Desktop App, a single LTE Desk phone and a single standard desk phone or (b) up to five smartphones and/or tablets using the One Talk Mobile App or Microsoft® Windows® and/or Apple® Mac® computers using the One Talk Desktop App, two standard desk phones and a single smartphone using One Talk in Native Dialer or Enhanced Dialer mode. You may only make voice and/or video calls with up to three devices per One Talk phone number at the same time.
- One Talk Available Options
Auto Receptionist. An automated Receptionist (AR) is a telephony system that transfers incoming calls to various extensions as specified by callers, without the intervention of a human operator. The settings for the line must be configured, using the web portal. You will be charged a monthly recurring fee for each Auto Receptionist line in your company's profile.
Hunt Group. Hunt Group is a set of connections and rules that route incoming calls to a group of users until someone is available or all users have been tried. If a call is routed through the Hunt Group and every user is busy, the call is then routed to voicemail. You are eligible to activate a Hunt Group within your Enterprise Customer Profile Database (ECPD) profile if you have activated at least one One Talk line on a Smartphone, Desk Phone or Mobile App. You will not be charged a monthly recurring fee for any Hunt Group lines in your company's profile.
One Talk Native Dialer and Enhanced Dialers. The One Talk Native Dialer and Enhanced Dialers add various business features to the native dialer on a compatible smartphone (see https://www.verizon.com/support/compatible-one-talk-devices/ for a current list of supported devices). With One Talk in Native Dialer or Enhanced Dialer mode, your One Talk phone number will be the same as your VZW phone number. You can obtain access to One Talk features by dialing numeric codes. Other devices that you select will share the same One Talk phone number.
One Talk Call Queue. One Talk Call Queue allows you to put calls on hold in a customizable virtual waiting room which are routed to available recipients once they are free. You must add the Call Queue Agent feature to each recipient line that will receive calls from the call queue. A Call Queue Agent is a designated person employed by your business who will receive the calls routed to them by Call Queue. You will be charged a monthly recurring fee for each Call Queue line and Call Queue Agent in your company's profile. There are two versions of Call Queue available, Call Queue Small and Call Queue Large. Call Queue Small allows for a queue size of up to 10 calls in the waiting room. Call Queue Large allows for a queue size of up to 25 calls in the waiting room.
One Talk Desk Phones. Each One Talk Desk Phone is a device that must be approved by and purchased from VZW. At your location, you will need separate AC power and connectivity (e.g., through cellular service, broadband service, Ethernet or Wi-Fi ).
One Talk Desktop App. The One Talk Desktop App is available for Microsoft Windows computers running Windows 8 or higher or Apple Mac computers running Mac OS 10.11 or higher. To use the Service, you must add a One Talk phone number to the Desktop App, and you must use the Desktop App to make voice and video calls and to send and receive messages. You can also obtain access to One Talk features through the Desktop App.
One Talk Mobile App. The One Talk Mobile App is available for smartphones and tablets via the Google Play™ Store for devices running Android™ 8.0 or higher or from the Apple® App Store® for devices running iOS 13 or higher. To use the Service, you must add a One Talk phone number to the Mobile App, and you must use the Mobile App to make voice and video calls and to send and receive messages. You can also obtain access to One Talk features through the Mobile App. With the Mobile App, your device will have two phone numbers – one for its original native dialer and the other for the One Talk number. Other associated devices will share the same One Talk phone number. Users may install the One Talk Mobile App on any compatible device, including devices receiving service from other carriers. In such circumstances, One Talk phone numbers must be added to their devices, and the users will be VZW subscribers for purposes of the Service only, even if they continue to use a different carrier for their original mobile telephone numbers.
One Talk Side View. On August 31, 2023, Verizon will discontinue One Talk Side View integration with Google Workspace. This functionality is currently available for One Talk Standard, Plus and Pro service options. Once Side View integration functions are removed, you will no longer be able to sync One Talk with email, contacts, and calendar data from a Google Workspace account. This discontinued functionality will have no impact on your Google Workspace or other One Talk capabilities.
On September 30th, 2023, Verizon will discontinue One Talk Side View service. When Side View is discontinued, you will no longer be able to sync One Talk with email, contacts, and calendar data from a Microsoft 365 account. Integrations to 3rd party CRM providers will also stop functioning. This discontinued functionality will have no impact on your Microsoft 365, CRM or other One Talk capabilities.
Premium Voicemail. Premium Voicemail is direct-access voicemail with a visual interface. Such an interface presents a list of messages for playback, as opposed to the sequential listening required using traditional voicemail, and includes a transcript of each message.
For each One Talk line activated in any of the available One Talk Service types (Standard, Plus or Pro), Verizon will charge a monthly fee (Monthly Recurring Fee) for the Service, and either your wireless carrier or your broadband provider will bill data, voice, and messaging charges based on your existing service plan.
Charges for international use may apply. You may be assessed additional 911 surcharges if required by law, for up to a maximum of three devices on each mobile phone number during the applicable billing cycle. The One Talk line Monthly Recurring Fee charged to a Customer will be based upon the number of active One Talk lines on Customer's Account and the tiered pricing plan in effect. Customer agrees it has an affirmative obligation to notify Verizon Wireless within 60 days of any changes to its cumulative number of One Talk lines, so that any pricing adjustments may be made accordingly. These pricing changes applicable to Customer shall become effective within 2-3 billing cycles after the change in the number of Customer lines has occurred.
One Talk Native Dialer and Enhanced Dialer. If you are using a device on the VZW network and the device supports video calling, the voice portion of the video call will be billed as minutes of use and the video portion will be billed as data under your existing mobile service plan. If you are using a device on Wi-Fi and the device supports video calling, the voice and data portions of the video call will only be billed as data under your broadband plan. Voice calls will be billed as minutes of use only.
One Talk Mobile App. Your download of the One Talk Mobile App will consume approximately 30 MB of data. Your use of the Service (including your download of the One Talk Mobile App) and usage of BlueJeans Meetings in the One Talk Mobile app will be billed as data under either the mobile service plan for the applicable device or by your Wi-Fi broadband provider.
One Talk Desktop App. Your download of the One Talk Desktop App will consume approximately 110 MB of data. Voice and video calls to and from the One Talk Desktop App will consume data on your existing broadband connection.
Desk Phones. Voice and video calls to and from One Talk Desk Phones may consume data from your existing connectivity provider. Any charges related to such use will depend on the costs associated with your connection (whether broadband, cellular, or otherwise). Customers who elect a one or two-year commitment must pay an Early Termination Fee (ETF) when disconnecting service prior to the end of the service term. The amount due is based on the length of time left on the service contract. The ETF is calculated based on the contract effective date and disconnect date.
Virtual Devices. For virtual devices including Auto Receptionist, Hunt Group and Call Queue, there are no data charges associated with the use of these lines.
- Emergency 911 Calls. You can make a 911 call over a Wi-Fi connection when using the Service, but whenever possible, you should avoid doing so, because 911 calls over a Wi-Fi connection will not work if there is a failure of your connection, electrical power, or the 911 system does not recognize your address. In addition, when using a One Talk Desk Phone, voice functionality (including the ability to make and receive 911 calls) will not be available during a power outage, connectivity failure or other service disruption. Before any One Talk Desk Phone can be activated or the Service can be activated on any device, you must enter the U.S. address where you want emergency services to be sent if you call 911. It is not necessary to use the same address for all devices. It is very important that you update your 911 address whenever you change your location for any of these devices, because this is the location that will be given to emergency services when you dial 911. You can go to your Mobile App Settings and or One Talk Desktop App settings and change your 911 address at any time, or change the 911 address for a One Talk Desk Phone on the web portal. Note: With a device using the One Talk Mobile App and or the One Talk Desktop app, emergency services will use the 911 address you entered only if you use Wi-Fi to make the 911 call; otherwise, your device's built-in capabilities will provide the location of your device.
- Confidentiality. You agree that any information (e.g., IP sourcing data) that is shared with you in configuring One Talk will remain our Confidential Information.
- Third Party Products
B. Google Services. When you provide Google Account credentials to sign into Google services or applications, Verizon will not use any Third Party Account Information in any way except to present it to the user. VZW will retain the minimal amount of information necessary in log files for 30 days to troubleshoot any reported issues with the application. Verizon will not have access to any email content. Use or transfer of any Third Party Account Information received from Google accounts will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including Limited Use Requirements.
C. Disclaimer. With respect to all third party products and applications, you agree that: (1) We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, (2) We are not responsible and shall have no liability for such products or applications, and (3) you are solely responsible and liable for your use of such products and applications.
- Service Limitations. The Service is not compatible with certain devices, including fax machines, credit card machines or certain security systems. Your VZW representative can suggest other possible solutions for some of these functions. Please check with your provider to confirm the compatibility requirements of your security system.
- Important Service Disclosures. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICE IS IMPLEMENTED WITHOUT SPECIFIC CONTROLS THAT MAY GENERALLY BE REQUIRED OR CUSTOMARY FOR CUSTOMERS IN ANY PARTICULAR INDUSTRY AND ARE NOT DESIGNED TO SATISFY ANY SPECIFIC LEGAL OBLIGATIONS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THAT THE SERVICE SATISFIES ANY LEGAL, REGULATORY OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS YOU MAY HAVE. YOU AGREE TO USE THE SERVICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND NOT TO USE THE SERVICE IN ANY MANNER THAT MAY IMPOSE LEGAL, REGULATORY OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS ON US, OTHER THAN THOSE WITH WHICH WE HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO COMPLY IN THIS ADDENDUM.
- Software. In connection with the Service, we will provide software that is owned by us, our affiliates or third-party licensors ("Software"). We may update the Software from time to time and your failure to install any update may affect your Service and/or use of the Software. You may use the Software only as part of, or for use with, the Service as authorized in this Addendum.
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Service and the Software solely as authorized in this Addendum. All rights regarding use of the Service and Software not expressly granted in this Addendum are reserved by us and/or any third-party licensors. The Software contains some programming, scripts, tools, modules, libraries, components, or other items that were developed using "Open Source" code, which are available for download at https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/equipment/open-source-software/.
You may not adapt, alter, modify, reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, translate, attempt to derive source code from or create derivative works of the Service or Software, or otherwise tamper with or modify any security features or other Service components for any reason (or allow or help anyone else to do so). You also agree to follow all rules and policies applicable to the Service, including the installation of required or automated updates, modifications and/or reinstallations of Software and obtaining available patches to address security, interoperability and/or performance issues.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. THE SERVICE, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND BY EITHER US, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, THE "VERIZON PARTIES"), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE VERIZON PARTIES AND ANY THIRD PARTY MOBILE APPLICATION STORE OPERATORS FROM WHICH YOU DOWNLOAD THE ONE TALK MOBILE APP OR THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR ANY SECURITY ISSUES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY THE VERIZON PARTIES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY HEREUNDER.
Updated: August 2023