Verizon has issued a recall in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission for Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L, MHS900LS and MHS900LPP mobile hotspot devices.
We’ll be working with customers to exchange their Jetpacks for an Orbic Speed device, free of charge. Give us a call at 1-800-922-0204 to begin your exchange.
Display IMEI Software Update
Please turn on the affected Ellipsis Jetpack devices so they can receive the automatic software updates that will display the device's ID number (IMEI) on its scrolling screen. This will also prevent the device from charging while it’s plugged in and powered on, which will help with the exchange.
You’ll know the software update is complete when you see the ID number (IMEI) scrolling on the device’s screen. Make sure to leave the device powered on and plugged in once the software update is complete. When not in use, The device should be turned off and unplugged from its power source. Store the Jetpack until you receive the packaging to return the device safely.
How to locate your unique International Mobility Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, please follow these steps:
- Connect any device with a browser to the Ellipsis Jetpack’s WiFi as you would normally use the Jetpack
- Open a web browser while on your connected device (computer, mobile phone, laptop, etc.) and enter either of these URLs: http://my.jetpack or http://192.168.1.1
- After the page loads, click "About Jetpack" at the bottom of the menu on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click the tab "Diagnostics"
- Your IMEI is located toward the top, under "Modem"
- Please call 1-800-922-0204 to speak with a representative to initiate your recall.