If you choose not to add
TravelPass or an International
Plan or you travel to a
country not included in those
be charged Pay as
You Go rates.
Pay as You Go rates
|Canada, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands and Guam|
Messaging and data
*Additional data charges apply for multimedia messages sent while outside the US.Back to International Travel plans
Find the best plan for your
International travel plans
Get unlimited data with TravelPass or the $100 International Monthly plan for your next trip.
Service and pricing
Check available services and pricing by country.
See our worldwide service coverage map for data, voice and messaging services.
We’ve got answers.
How do I add an international travel plan for my device?
Here's how to add TravelPass or a Monthly International Plan to your account:
- My Verizon website: On your International Plan page, go to Use our Trip Planner.
- My Verizon app: In your account, select Plans & Services.
- Choose a line.
- In Additional Services, scroll to International Plans and then add new plan.
- Text: Add TravelPass anytime, anywhere by texting Travel to 4004.
For the $20 International Monthly Plan for international cruise ships and airplanes, when you board a ship or plane on which our service is available, we send you a text to let you know you can add this plan to your line. (This plan can't be added in advance).
How do I get my device ready to use outside the US?
Before you travel internationally, make sure your device's roaming is turned on so your device can connect to cellular networks in your destination country.
To turn on roaming, start on your device's home screen:
How will I be charged for using my device when I travel abroad?
How you're charged depends on whether or not you add an international plan to your account for your trip.
Our international plans let you use your phone in more than 210 countries and destinations outside the US:
- TravelPass: For $5/day in Canada and Mexico* and $10/day in other countries, you can use your domestic plan's talk, text and data allowances just like you do at home. And you're only charged for days that you use your phone. Learn more by visiting our TravelPass FAQs.
- $100 International Monthly Plan: Ideal for trips of 10 days or more. Get unlimited data* and texts and 250 minutes for international use; *20 GB of high speed data and unlimited data at 3G speeds thereafter. You can choose to have the allowance expire after 1 month or have the plan renew every month until you remove it from your account.
- $20 International Monthly Plan: This plan for international cruise ship and airplane travel gives you 50 MB of data for use while on board select ships and airplanes.
For coverage and pricing details, visit our International Travel page.
- If you don't choose an international plan you'll pay per minute, per text and per MB of data used (called Pay as You Go) when you're abroad. Learn more on our International Travel page.
- Many of our domestic mobile phone plans already include talk, text and data while in Canada and Mexico.* (Calls from the US to Canada and Mexico are also included for no extra cost).
- Our Unlimited Ultimate mobile phone plan includes high-speed international data, talk & text. TT
- TravelPass and our Monthly International Plan can't be used in non-covered countries, on cruise ships or airplanes.
*If more than 50% of your talk, text or data usage in a 60-day period is in Canada or Mexico, use of those services in those countries may be removed or limited.
Can I use my device while traveling outside the US?
Most smartphones and some tablets can be used when you travel abroad. Use our Trip Planner to find out if your device will work for your trip.
International services support
While in the US: (800) 711-8300
Travelling outside the US: 1 (908) 559-4899
If your device is lost, stolen or broken, or you experience a device issue while you are traveling
outside the US, please use the below
instructions to reach the International Support Team from a landline phone:
- 1. Dial your country’s toll-free number
- 2. Enter your 10-digit mobile number when prompted by the International Hotline
If a toll-free number is not available for the country you are in, please dial (908) 559-4899 (toll charges will apply).