Learn how to manage how Verizon notifies you about updates to your mobile account.
Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Extend your session by clicking OK below.
Due to inactivity, your session has expired. Please sign in again to continue.
Manage your Verizon notification preferences in your My Verizon mobile account FAQs
About Verizon mobile account notifications
What are Verizon email and text notifications?
Notifications are emails or texts we send about your Verizon mobile account including:
- Account changes
- Bills and payments
- Usage for data, minutes and text
Account Owners can:
- Choose notification settings for the whole account or for each account member.
- Choose when the notifications are sent.
Note: Notifications are different if you have Verizon Smart Family™ or the Just Kids plan, which includes Smart Family Premium. Visit our Smart Family FAQs to learn more.
How much do Verizon mobile account notifications cost?
Verizon mobile account notifications are free:
- Text notifications don't count against your text message limit, if you have one.
- Email notifications are free but data usage could apply if you check your email on your mobile device.
What information can I get with Verizon mobile account notifications?
You can get data usage notifications and notification about your Verizon mobile billing and account.
Data usage notifications
If you have a shared data plan, all account members automatically get text and/or email notifications when they get near, meet or go over the account's data allowance.
You can set more notifications, (e.g., notifications when 50% of the monthly data is used, etc.).
Keep in mind:
- We don't send usage notifications for Unlimited plans.
- If you change your plan during a bill cycle, your usage notifications will be based on your partial (prorated) data allowance. Visit our Billing FAQs for more about prorated charges.
- If you turn off communications about reaching or going over your account's allowance, you'll be asked to acknowledge that there could be financial risk from not getting those notifications (such as overage charges).
You can set account notifications so you'll know when:
- Your bill is ready
- Your plan or features change
- Your payments, credits or other transactions happened
Note: Notifications are different if you have Verizon Smart Family. Visit our Smart Family FAQs to learn more.
Managing Verizon mobile account notifications
How do I change my communications preferences for my Verizon mobile account?
Visit your Communications Preferences in My Verizon to manage how we send you notifications, including the method (email, text, or push notification) and language (English or Spanish).
Notifications are different if you have Verizon Smart Family or the Just Kids plan, which includes Smart Family Premium. Visit our Smart Family FAQs to learn more.
Can I add more email addresses or phone numbers to get notifications about my account?
Yes, the Account Owner can add up to 3 mobile numbers and 3 email addresses to get notifications. These can be changed as needed.
To add a new email address or mobile number to get notifications., sign in to your My Verizon mobile account using the line tied to that email address or mobile number.
For example, if you're the Account Owner and want to add an email address for your child's mobile phone line so she can get email notifications, sign in to the Communications Preferences page on her mobile phone.
I'm no longer a Verizon mobile customer but I'm still getting notifications by text or email. Why is this?
If you've canceled your service but are still receiving notifications, you might have an outstanding payment balance. To make your final payment, click the Chat with us button at the bottom right corner of this page to contact one of our representatives.