Why smartwatches make a great holiday gift
If you’re looking for a great holiday gift for a tech-forward friend, a fitness-buff spouse, and beyond, a smartwatch is one of the best holiday gifts you can give this season. From impressive new fitness features found in the latest Apple Watch models to Android-integrated smartwatches and beyond, here are some of the best smartwatches for health-minded friends and family (and everyone in between).
Deals on Apple Watch for men or women, and more.
Apple has an impressive lineup of smartwatches for men, women, fitness enthusiasts, and even the adventure-seekers in your life (thanks to the introduction of the all-new Apple Watch Ultra). Apple’s latest smartwatches, like the Apple Watch Series 8 and Apple Watch Ultra, include impressive health and safety functions such as:
- Advanced health sensors and apps, so you can take an ECG1, measure heart rate and blood oxygen2, and track temperature changes3 for advanced insights into your menstrual cycle4.
- Crash Detection to keep you safe and alert Emergency Services if you’ve been in a crash5.
- Sleep stages tracking, advanced workout metrics, and more to help you stay active, healthy, safe, and connected.
… and much, much more! Plus, Apple Watch pairs seamlessly with your iPhone or Apple AirPods, making it a great choice for any Apple user looking to stay connected on the go.
What’s more, you can switch out your Apple Watch bands depending on your mood, your outfit, or your setting– shop all the Apple Watch bands available at Verizon.
Smartwatches for Android users.
If you’re looking for a smartwatch that integrates seamlessly with your loved one’s Android smartphone, you may want to check out the line of Samsung watches, Google watches, and more now available at Verizon.
The latest Samsung Galaxy Watch series comes with features like:
- Advanced Sleep Coaching that helps you manage your overall sleep quality6.
- Customizable watch bands.
- Valuable stats that help you be at your best with body composition info right on your wrist— everything from body fat readings to your Body Mass Index (BMI).7
- Heart tracking with improved sensor accuracy.8,9
… and more! Plus, Samsung smartwatches integrate with Android accessories like Samsung Galaxy Buds, too, keeping your loved one connected to their smartphone ecosystem wherever they roam.
Google is also introducing a smartwatch to their Google Pixel lineup– the Google Pixel Watch will include features like:
- Sleep, heart rate, and activity tracking on Fitbit10.
- The ability to get things done on the go with Google Assistant, Maps, Wallet, Calendar, and Gmail11.
Smartwatches for kids.
If your child wants a smartwatch this holiday season, there are a variety of kid-friendly smartwatches on the market. The Verizon GizmoWatch Disney Edition, for example, comes with kid-friendly features such as:
- Animated characters from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars™, creating an interactive user experience. Characters react in lively ways on the home screen when checking the weather and when notifications come in.
- Active lifestyle apps that make movement fun with activity-tracking that has characters to motivate and reward children for keeping active.
- Kids learn how to manage tasks with helpful features like alarms and reminders.
- An SOS button and Auto Answer to keep you and up to 10 trusted contacts easily in touch with your child.
- Real-time location tracking and boundary notifications can give parents peace of mind right on their smart devices.
Your kids can stay in touch, remain connected to trusted contacts, and have fun all in one watch.
If your child wants an Apple Watch, Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation) is a great choice. With this model, both kids and senior users can benefit from Family Setup12, which allows users to manage Apple Watch for family members who don't have an iPhone. It’s all the connectivity, wellness, and safety features you love, for everyone you love.
How to save on a smartwatch.
Looking for more savings this holiday season? At Verizon, you can shop our device deals happening all season long in store or online, here. Or, you can browse our selection of certified pre-owned smartwatches, which are rigorously tested for quality assurance and can help you save some cash when purchasing a smartwatch.
Looking for a purely health-focused fitness tracker? We also sell a variety of fitness trackers like Fibit, Letsfit, and SPIBelt.
No matter which smartwatch you choose, you can find a wide variety of smartwatches available all season long at Verizon. And, you can now pair your smartwatch with a Verizon connected device plan, to get more out of the network America relies on.
1. The ECG app and irregular rhythm notification require the latest versions of watchOS and iOS and are not intended for use by people under 22 years old. The ECG app is available on Apple Watch Series 4 or later (not including Apple Watch SE). The irregular rhythm notification is not designed for people who have been previously diagnosed with Afib.
2. Blood Oxygen app measurements are not intended for medical use, including self-diagnosis or consultation with a doctor, and are only designed for general fitness and wellness purposes.
3. The temperature sensing feature is not a medical device and is not intended for use in medical diagnosis, treatment, or for any other medical purpose.
4. The Cycle Tracking app should not be used as a form of birth control. Data from the Cycle Tracking app should not be used to diagnose a health condition.
5. Emergency SOS: Emergency SOS requires a cellular connection or Wi-Fi Calling with an internet connection from your Apple Watch or nearby iPhone.
6. For sleep pattern results, user must wear watch while they sleep for at least 7 nights and complete a survey.
7. The Samsung BIA is a body analyzer that uses bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) technology to track body composition based on weight, body fat, body mass index (BMI), skeletal muscle, body water, and basal metabolic rate (BMR) measurements. It is not intended to specifically diagnose or treat a medical condition. Requires the latest version of the Samsung Health app (version 6.22 or later).
8. The heart rate software functions are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease.
9. Requires Galaxy smartphone with Android 8.0 or later, 1.5GB RAM or more and the latest version of the Samsung Health Monitor app (available only at the Samsung Galaxy app store).
10. Some features may require Fitbit account and mobile app.
11. Google apps services are not available in all countries or languages. Data rates may apply.
12. Family Setup: Not all features will be available if the Apple Watch is set up through Family Setup. Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility.
More gift options you might be interested in:
- The Ultimate Tablet Gift Guide
- 5 Features That Make a Smartphone a Great Holiday Gift
- Accessories for the Sony PS5, Microsoft Xbox and other gifts gamers will love this holiday season
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday Tech Deals
- The Ultimate Gift Guide for TV Streamers
- Gifts for an audiophile: Headphones, speakers and more
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals
Check out the latest Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals at Verizon.
Check out the latest deals from Verizon on smartphones, accessories and more.
Tech Gift Guides
Check out the latest tech gift options from Verizon.