How (and why) to trade in your device
Whether you’re eyeing the new iPhone 12 Pro, the Pixel 4a 5G UW, the Galaxy S20 5G UW or the Galaxy S21 5G, the Verizon trade-in program helps save you money by letting you trade in a phone, tablet or smartwatch.
Benefits of the Verizon trade-in program.
Verizon wants you to have the shiny new device you desire (at a discount) as well as help you rid your drawers of unwanted old devices (to make some extra cash). That’s where the Verizon trade-in program comes in. When you trade in a device, the value of the device can be used toward a new one, or you can choose to get your savings in the form of a Verizon Gift card, PayPal credit or instant credit applied to your Verizon account.* On top of getting great savings, you’ll also be helping the environment.
How to get started.
First, you need to know how much your current device is worth. You can calculate this on your own or find out when you begin the Verizon trade-in process, which is simple and quick. To begin, you’ll answer a series of questions to help Verizon get to know your device and the condition it’s in. Next, you’ll choose how you’d like to use your savings. Lastly, you’ll confirm shipping details with us and ship your device! Also, don’t forget that select phones and plans from Verizon offer added promo savings when you trade in your old device within 30 days of purchase.
Keep reading to learn how you can save (or make) money by trading in any device safely and conveniently from the comfort of your own home.
*Instant trade-in credit applied to Verizon account is only available to Verizon customers. Terms and conditions apply.
Additional Verizon trade-in resources.
- Watch our device trade-in video for simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Check out the Verizon trade-in program FAQ page for more information.
- Visit the Verizon Content Transfer Center to learn how to back up data and transfer content between devices.
- Find out if you’re eligible to use Smart Setup to back up and transfer content and set up your new device.
- Learn about current deals when you switch to Verizon.
- Check out promotions for bringing your own device.