Advanced visualization in patient care
Seeing what’s happening during medical procedures
Healthcare practitioners need greater clarity and accuracy for better patient outcomes.
The size and setup of traditional surgical navigation systems can be cumbersome and restrictive.
With current visualization technology, practitioners often face a screen and look away from the patient during a procedure, relying on memory and approximation.
Near real-time medical imaging with 5G and AR
5G could enable a more immersive care environment, improving decisions and surgical efficiency.
5G provides the massive capacity and throughput necessary for complex image processing with ultralow lag.
AR could also help bring medical imaging and other patient information together, to help improve efficiency and reduce the potential for error.
How it works
Augmented reality could inform decisions at all stages of the surgical process.
A surgeon puts on an AR headset that keeps her hands free and doesn’t interfere with her field of vision during the procedure.
She could overlay detailed 3D image scans of the patient’s internal organs, tissues and bones using the high bandwidth of 5G to map her patient’s anatomy.
5G built right
Our 5G Ultra Wideband network is built right to power transformative possibilities for business. The massive capacity and throughput of 5G Ultra Wideband supports the complex image processing needed for seamless AR to help create safer and more efficient patient care.
- Achieving 5G Ultra Wideband’s extraordinary speeds requires a massive fiber infrastructure.
- Verizon has made significant investments in fiber densification in major cities around the nation
- Verizon has critical spectrum holdings that include millimeter-wave and C-Band spectrum
- Millimeter-wave spectrum supports 5G Ultra Wideband’s transformative performance and C-band will enable performance and expanded coverage
- Verizon has spent years densifying its 4G LTE network, and its 5G network leverages the same densification
- Verizon has relationships in place with large and small municipalities, enabling its small-cell deployment
- Verizon has network locations that are ideally suited for housing edge-computing resources
- MEC could deliver access to the tools, power and locations to deploy at scale
This is 5G built right, from the network businesses rely on.
5G Nationwide available in 2,700+ cities on most Verizon 5G devices. 5G Ultra Wideband (UWB) available only in parts of select cities.
Verizon 5G access requires a 5G-capable device. 5G UWB access requires a 5G-capable device with select voice/data and 5G UWB plans.
Future use case not currently available.
Let's get started.
Choose your country to view contact details.
- Select Country...
- United States
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
Call for Sales.
Or we'll call you.