Immersive virtual reality education
Enhancing education with more innovative, scalable methods
Educators from K–12 to higher education know that technology innovation can be critical to engaging and effectively teaching students.
New tools for collaboration and augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) could elevate the educational experience.
Schools need the right internet connectivity and bandwidth to support these tools.
On average, a student can remember 30% of what they hear and 20% of what they see, but students remember 90% of the material if it is learned through experience.
Twenty-eight percent of XR industry experts forecast that the education sector will be most disrupted by immersive technologies over the next 12 months.
Thirty million is the projected number of U.S. virtual reality users in 2022.
5G-enhanced educational possibilities
Educators from K–12 to higher education are looking for more effective, engaging ways to educate students.
VR offers new possibilities for students to interact with educational content within a virtual, three-dimensional learning environment.
These VR experiences require high bandwidth and high refresh rates.
Because of 5G’s ability to support increased data volumes with low lag (or latency), it can be ideal for supporting VR or other AR experiences.
How it works
5G puts the reality into virtual reality learning experiences.
Students in classrooms and remote locations put on VR headsets and enter a multiuser VR experience set in outer space, showing planets and star systems.
Large amounts of data are used to create immersive virtual learning environments, all powered by 5G.
5G built right
Our 5G Ultra Wideband network is built right to power transformative possibilities for business. The high bandwidth and low latency of 5G Ultra Wideband support the high refresh rates and data volumes required to create an immersive VR experience.
- Achieving 5G Ultra Wideband’s extraordinary speeds requires a massive fiber infrastructure
- Verizon has made significant investments in fiber densification in major cities around the nation
- Verizon has critical spectrum holdings that include millimeter-wave and C-Band spectrum
- Millimeter-wave spectrum supports 5G Ultra Wideband’s transformative performance and C-band will enable performance and expanded coverage
- Verizon has spent years densifying its 4G LTE network, and its 5G network leverages the same densification
- Verizon has relationships in place with large and small municipalities, enabling its small-cell deployment
- Verizon has network locations that are ideally suited for housing edge-computing resources
- Multi-access edge computing could deliver access to the tools, power and locations to deploy at scale
This is 5G built right, from the network businesses rely on.
5G Nationwide available in 2,700+ cities on most Verizon 5G devices. 5G Ultra Wideband (UWB) available only in parts of select cities.
Verizon 5G access requires a 5G-capable device. 5G UWB access requires a 5G-capable device with select voice/data and 5G UWB plans.
Future use case not currently available.
Let's get started.
Choose your country to view contact details.
- Select Country...
- United States
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
Call for Sales.
Or we'll call you.