Enhancing the fan experience with immersive realities
Increase fan engagement.
Innovative channels can help improve in-venue fan experience and increase engagement for sporting or cultural events. New technologies can delight fans with new opportunities for participation.
Opening new engaging experiences for spectators
Because of the massive capacity and data volumes 5G supports, thousands of fans in a packed stadium could simultaneously stream rich game action to their smartphones.
5G can allow fans to experience the game in augmented and virtual reality.
The possibilities for an enhanced fan experience at scale can be greatly increased with 5G.
5G can reduce network lag times for these and other applications, opening the door to near-instant statistical analysis and image and video processing.
How it works
Enhanced experiences draw fans deeper into the action.
As fans find their way to their seats, they can follow the game on their smartphones, with near-instant player and team stats overlaid in augmented reality.
5G can offer powerful fan experience possibilities at massive scale, helping fans to connect more with the game and each other.
Verizon 5G could be a game changer for fan experience
Discover how three innovative companies are using Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband and 5G Edge to create better safer venues.Explore more
5G built right
Our 5G Ultra Wideband network is built right to power transformative possibilities for business. Enabling powerful extended reality fan experiences requires supporting thousands of mobile devices streaming content and data at scale, which 5G Ultra Wideband can provide.
- Achieving 5G Ultra Wideband’s extraordinary speeds requires a massive fiber infrastructure
- Verizon has made significant investments in fiber densification in major cities around the nation
- Verizon has critical spectrum holdings that include millimeter-wave and C-Band spectrum
- Millimeter-wave spectrum supports 5G Ultra Wideband’s transformative performance and C-band will enable performance and expanded coverage
- Verizon has spent years densifying its 4G LTE network, and its 5G network leverages the same densification
- Verizon has relationships in place with large and small municipalities, enabling its small-cell deployment
- Verizon has network locations that are ideally suited for housing edge-computing resources
- Multi-access edge computing delivers applications closer to the end user while providing access to the tools, power and compute to deploy at scale
This is 5G built right, from the network businesses rely on.
5G Nationwide available in 2,700+ cities on most Verizon 5G devices. 5G Ultra Wideband (UWB) available only in parts of select cities.
Verizon 5G access requires a 5G-capable device. 5G UWB access requires a 5G-capable device with select voice/data and 5G UWB plans.
Future use case not currently available.
Let's get started.
Choose your country to view contact details.
- Select Country...
- United States
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
Call for Sales.
Or we'll call you.