Many educational leaders waiver on how to evaluate parental engagement, as they want to help ensure the optimal balance of parental engagement to support a child’s growth.
To help you evaluate your progress, some indications of positive parent engagement include:
- Feedback moves quickly between parent and teacher.
- Parents understand which assignments and activities are mandatory and which allow for flexibility.
- Parents receive clear, measurable expectations for learning goals.
- Parents and teachers agree on clear, measurable expectations for learning goals.
- Children receive support based on their individual learning needs.
To gauge the results of parental involvement, you can set engagement metrics and evaluate trends in multiple ways, including surveys and questionnaires, attendance at events and meetings and communication habits. Additionally, keep an eye on grade trends, whether children are on track in skills and competency development.
Ultimately, you have a wealth of options to support parent engagement in schools, and with the right tools and technologies, you can help close the digital divide and connect with parents better than ever.
Discover how Verizon is empowering schools to thrive in the digital age.