Managed Web Content Service
Service Level Agreement
- Standard: Verizon Enterpise Solutions will activate Customers Managed Web Content Service (Managed Web) within 30 calendar days (contingent on up to 100,000 Users per order for each order) and 45 calendar days (contingent on 100,000 User or more per order for each order) after Verizon Enterpise Solutions receives from Customer and validates a complete version of the required configuration template that includes all necessary system and policy configuration information (as applicable).
- Remedy: A credit equal to 100% of the IP address Set Up fee for each impacted IP address related to each order, net of discounts and taxes, billed to Customer, for each IP address for which the standard is not met up to $3,000.
- Limitations: "User" means the actual individual who utilizes or end user of Managed Web. See also the General Terms provisions below.
Virus Scanning SLA
- Standard: Verizon Enterpise Solutions will detect and stop of all Known Viruses which Managed Web is capable of scanning. (The term Known Virus is defined below.)
- Remedy: A credit equal to the lesser of (i) 100% of the monthly recurring charge for the Virus Scanning service, net of discounts and taxes, billed to Customer or (ii) up to $3,000.
- Limitations: This Virus Scanning SLA is only applicable if Customer purchased Managed Web Anti-Spyware and Anti-Virus services. "User" means the actual individual who utilizes or end user of Managed Web. "Known Virus" means (1) a piece of program code, including a self-replicating element, usually (but not necessarily) disguised as something else that causes some unexpected and, for the victim, usually undesirable event and which is designed so that it may infect other computer systems, (2) such piece of program code has been downloaded through the Web anti-spyware and anti-virus utilized by Managed Web and (3) at the time of such download, the piece of program code is included in the list at www.wildlist.org which means at least two individuals designated as Wild List Reporters identified such virus as being in the wild. This Virus Scanning SLA standard will be deemed not met if a Known Virus is activated within Customers systems either automatically or with manual intervention, subject to the following. This Virus Scanning SLA does not apply to any Virus activation related to (1) a Virus that was identified by Customer which Verizon Enterpise Solutions provided information to enable Customer to identify and delete; (2) any Viruses contained in attachments with contents which are under the direct control of the sender; (3) cases of deliberate self-infection by Customer; (4) cases where any Virus is delivered by non-scanned downloads, streaming media, password protected files, encrypted traffic, HTTPS/SSL traffic, files encapsulated or tunneled for communication purposes via the supported Web protocols (i.e. HTTP, FTP and FTP over HTTP), files conveyed over HTTPS that have been compressed and modified from original form for distribution nor downloaded or updated content or (5) any files or links delivered and downloaded or opened by Customer which are designed to infect Managed Web (e.g. download by User of known malicious code). This Virus Scanning SLA standard will be deemed to be met if Managed Web detects a Known Virus without stopping it but Verizon Enterpise Solutions notifies Customer of the Known Virus so that Customer has the opportunity to stop the Known Virus from being activated within the Customers systems. This Virus Scanning SLA is calculated on an aggregate basis of the overall performance of Managed Web for each calendar month. See also the General Terms provisions below.
- Standard. Managed Web will be available 100% of the time. For the purpose of this Availability SLA, available means the Users designated tower or secondary tower(s) related to the provisioning on Managed Web accepts the Users outbound website requests from a User host on behalf of the User on a 24x7 basis.
- Remedy. Verizon Enterpise Solutions shall apply a credit against Customer invoice in accordance with the chart below:
- Limitations. This Availability SLA does not apply if (i) Customer does not confirm that Verizon Enterpise Solutions is in receipt of any changes to the initial, required configuration template, (ii) Customer experiences diminished service availability and fails to complete a Verizon Enterpise Solutions claim form, or (iii) another service other than Managed Web, even if the service is Internet connectivity, is necessary for Customer to receive the benefit of Managed Web. This Availability SLA is calculated on an aggregate basis of the overall performance of Managed Web for each calendar month. Managed Web service will be deemed available unless, considered by itself, the Managed Web service was not capable of performing as described in this service attachment. See also the General Terms provisions below.
Availability Credits 100% No Credit <99% 20% of applicable MRC up to $3000 <98% 40% of applicable MRC up to $3000 <97% 60% of applicable MRC up to $3000 <96% 80% of applicable MRC up to $3000 <95% 100% of applicable MRC up to $3000
- Standard. Once the Customer via its Internet service provider requests a URL, the measurement from when the Verizon Enterpise Solutions designated tower cluster receives the content of that URL to when Verizon Enterpise Solutions attempts transmission of the scanned content related to such URL back to Customer.
- Remedy. Verizon Enterpise Solutions Verizon shall apply a credit against Customer invoice in accordance with the chart below:
- Limitation. This Latency SLA is not applicable unless content transferred in a single transaction is greater than 1 MB in size. This Latency SLA is calculated on an aggregate basis of the overall performance of Managed Web for each calendar month. See also the General Terms provision below.
Latency SLA Credits Less than or equal to 1.249 seconds No Credit 1.25 1.49 seconds 5% of applicable MRC up to $3000 1.5 1.749 seconds 10% of applicable MRC up to $3000 1.75 - 1.99 seconds 15% of applicable MRC up to $3000 2.0 - 2.249 seconds 20% of applicable MRC up to $3000 > 2.25 seconds 25% of applicable MRC up to $3000
- Overview. Verizon Enterpise Solutions will provide Managed Web under a Verizon Enterpise Solutions service agreement incorporating this service level agreement (SLA) by reference, in accordance with the standards and remedies set out in this Managed Web SLA. The term Managed Web SLA is used to refer collectively to all of the SLAs related to Verizon Enterpise Solutions Managed Web Content service set out in this document. Each individual standard and its related remedy are referred to by the activity to which the standard relates (e.g., Activation SLA, Virus Scanning SLA). Verizon Enterpise Solutions reserves the right to enhance or restrict the Managed Web SLA in whole or in part. The Verizon Enterpise Solutions website at www.verizonbusiness.com/terms/ contains the current Managed Web SLA language.
- Claims. To receive a remedy under the Managed Web SLA, Customer must first send an email to email@example.com for the purpose of requesting that Verizon Enterpise Solutions open a trouble ticket on its behalf which related to the specific incident in order to be eligible for a credit. Additionally, Customer must submit a completed Verizon Enterpise Solutions claim form on or before (a) the fifth business day (unless otherwise noted) immediately following the date on which the failure occurred to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to its designated Verizon Enterpise Solutions Business Account Manager. SLA Claim forms are available at www.verizonbusiness.com/terms/us/products/security/managedweb/ Verizon Enterpise Solutions will use trouble tickets and other appropriate Verizon Enterpise Solutions records to determine, in its sole judgment, whether it met or failed to meet the applicable standard. In no event may a Customer receive a total amount of credits for any month that exceeds the Managed Web monthly recurring charge for that month. The remedies provided in the Managed Web SLA for each standard are Customers sole remedy for any failure by Verizon Enterpise Solutions to meet the specified standard.
- Exclusions. No Managed Web SLA will apply if all the conditions for Customer to receive the remedy for that SLA have not been met (including both limitations applicable to the particular SLA and limitations applicable to all SLAs). The remedies specified in this Managed Web SLA are not available for any failure to meet a standard resulting from any of the following: (1) a Non-Verizon Enterpise Solutions Cause (as provided further below); (2) scheduled maintenance; (3) force majeure events beyond Verizon Enterpise Solutionss reasonable control, including but not limited to Acts of God, government regulation, labor strikes, natural disaster, and national emergency; (4) any act or omission on the part of any third party other than the LEC/PTT, as applicable; (5) interruptions not timely reported by Customer, or for which no trouble ticket was timely opened; (6) trouble tickets associated with new installations (before Customer accepts a new service) or opened for circuit monitoring purposes only (except with respect to the Activation SLA); or (7) a circuit outage.
- A Non-Verizon Enterpise Solutions Cause includes, without limitation, any of the following (as identified on a trouble ticket or otherwise): (a) an incomplete or inaccurate order; (b) a Customer-approved change in hardware or software configuration; (c) a hardware, software or other supplier shortage; (d) incorrect or incomplete information provided by Customer which prevents Verizon Enterpise Solutions from completing the trouble diagnosis and
service restoration; (e) Verizon Enterpise Solutions being denied access to network components at the Customer location when access is required to complete trouble shooting, repair, diagnosis, or acceptance testing; (f) Customers failure or refusal to release the circuit for testing; (g) Verizon Enterpise Solutions calling Customer to close a trouble ticket, but Customer being unavailable, or Verizon Enterpise Solutions being unable to verify service restoration with a Customer,
(h) any other act or omission on the part of Customer, or (i) down time caused by the LEC/PTT local loop for periods where the LEC/PTT's maintenance support is not available, or (j) any other event beyond the reasonable control of Verizon Enterpise Solutions (Non-Verizon Enterpise Solutions Cause).