Visit the Transfer Your Service page to authorize a transfer of service. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Make sure your balance is current on the account you want to transfer. You're still responsible for any account charges until the transfer is completed. If the line is under a 2-year contract, the new owners will take responsibility for fulfilling the remainder of the contract.
- Have an active wireless number for at least 30 days (standard monthly accounts) or 5 days (business accounts).
- Determine if you want to transfer any device payment agreement(s) tied to your wireless number(s). The person taking responsibility for the wireless number and device payment agreement must be eligible and will need to pass a credit check. What if the person is not eligible?
- Make sure you have the email address and the full first and last name of the person who will be taking over your line(s). We’ll use it to send them an email with a link to complete the transfer. Make sure the first and last name is spelled correctly to prevent any delays.
- If you're enrolled in Auto Pay, or use home banking, make sure to update your account information after completing your transfer of service. Payment information won't carry over to the new account.
- Complete the transfer authorization process online or in the My Verizon app. Your authorization is good for 15 days for standard monthly accounts or 30 days for business accounts.