Selecting a small business internet service is no easy task. When it comes to small business internet providers, there’s no shortage of options, from large communications companies to small cable providers to discount startups.
So, what’s the best internet for small businesses? It depends on your specific needs, and there are several considerations business owners need to take into account. Many seek a provider that balances reliable, fast, and simple internet that also meets the budget. After all, communication is the foundation for good business. In our digital world, fast and reliable connectivity is critical for instant access to customers and suppliers.
Technology adoption driven by COVID-19 remains a significant focus for small businesses as social distancing and remote working forces stronger bandwidth and more robust digital tools and technologies to keep things running. Nearly 2 in 3 decision-makers (63%) say they are using digital tools and technologies to enhance customer experiences and create new business opportunities, compared to just over half who were doing so this time last year (53%).
As small businesses enhance customer experience with digital operations, business owners need to keep abreast of new products and services that internet Services Providers (ISPs) offer. The fact is, internet speeds that were acceptable in the past might not be the best internet for today, especially with the gaining availability of fiber and wireless technologies, such as 5G.
With so many ISPs in the market, what should you look for when selecting the best internet for your small business? For example, how do you decide what key features are the internet “must-haves,” those that will make a difference to your organization’s bottom line today—and tomorrow?
The best internet, of course, depends on your specific needs. However, every business, regardless of size, needs a fast and reliable business internet option. Slow, unreliable internet service can frustrate customers and employees, with the potential for lost sales and productivity, which may be damaging for small businesses.
A fast and reliable internet connection has several benefits, including:
- Increased productivity from quick digital interactions, response times, and payment processing
- Better communication with customers and colleagues via digital tools and applications, social media, and messaging
- Effective digital presence and reach for the best possible customer experience to maximize customer engagement
- Improved efficiency through real-time collaboration with customers and colleagues
- Faster upgrades of digital operation tools, software, and anti-virus programs
- Expand reach with reliable connections when and where your customers and workers need them most
So, when evaluating small business internet providers, take time to research which internet service provider is right for your needs.