There are multiple roadblocks to driving digital access and digital equity in schools. These include:
- A lack of devices and connectivity
- Poor parental understanding of technology
- Assumptions among educators that students possess the necessary tech resources
However, the good news is, from Boston to San Francisco, teachers and school administrators are overcoming these challenges to make a difference and overcome the digital divide.
The priority list should include:
- Affordable devices and connectivity for all students
- Parental training in how to use devices
- Cyber security and child safety capabilities
- Professional development for educators on blending technology and instruction
Conquering the digital divide is tremendously important in helping to generate opportunities for all kinds of students as they work through their education and begin careers. Consider partnerships with technology providers who specialize in education technology solutions to improve digital access and digital equity.
See how Verizon’s education technology solutions can help educators close the digital divide across America.